Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined this great forum and would like to get opinions about Look frames.
This is one bike set-up/package I'm looking at what seems the best all around deal for me...A 555 Look frame equipped with Campagnolo Centaur drive train and brakes, Campagnolo Proton wheels, Look's proprietary VO2 Aluminum bar, Vitesse CP3 saddle.
Colour choices are apparently running out so I might take what I can get. Looking at other posts, the white frame looks really nice but I might not have that choice. Oh I'm going with a compact crankset which is no extra charge.
In case anyone one is interested my last bike was a Cannondale R2000 which had I had a few set of nice wheels. Seats have been changed and pedals are Dura Ace which are fairly new and will go on my new bike.
Others bikes I have been interested are the Treks.
Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Look 565

I ordered a white Look 565 , because this is a special color i hope they can deliver. I am curious about ho we they handle this, are they in stock, are they waiting to make enough models in a row, or do the make them just on time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
DoubleT said:
Just joined this great forum and would like to get opinions about Look frames.
This is one bike set-up/package I'm looking at what seems the best all around deal for me...A 555 Look frame equipped with Campagnolo Centaur drive train and brakes, Campagnolo Proton wheels, Look's proprietary VO2 Aluminum bar, Vitesse CP3 saddle.
Colour choices are apparently running out so I might take what I can get. Looking at other posts, the white frame looks really nice but I might not have that choice. Oh I'm going with a compact crankset which is no extra charge.
In case anyone one is interested my last bike was a Cannondale R2000 which had I had a few set of nice wheels. Seats have been changed and pedals are Dura Ace which are fairly new and will go on my new bike.
Others bikes I have been interested are the Treks.
Thanks!
sounds like a great spec, i love my 555/centaur bike , it handles like a dream in sticky situations like packs and fast corners but most of all its that i can ride it in the saddle for hours or hammer it for 40km and i feel like i'm riding two different bike, on one hand its comfortable when i want it and when i hammer some intervals or short climbs its stiff and ready for more

ps- go for the compact, i wish it was an option when i got mine 34-50 and 12-25 is better than 39-53 and 12-25 IMO, better gear ratios

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sirbikealot said:
sounds like a great spec, i love my 555/centaur bike , it handles like a dream in sticky situations like packs and fast corners but most of all its that i can ride it in the saddle for hours or hammer it for 40km and i feel like i'm riding two different bike, on one hand its comfortable when i want it and when i hammer some intervals or short climbs its stiff and ready for more

ps- go for the compact, i wish it was an option when i got mine 34-50 and 12-25 is better than 39-53 and 12-25 IMO, better gear ratios
Any bike I do choose to get I will get compact. I plan to do some serious mtn cycling abroad in a next few years yet I don't want a bike with a triple crank set and having two new bikes is not an option. I can get a Trek 5200 but it cost 400 bucks to convert to compacts but will be 600 bucks cheaper still. Have to admit Look is my first choice with the Trek bike a lower cost choice. But boy you really get a bang for your buck in the Look package I'm thinking of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts