Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Folsom City Blues...
7,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be the dummest question of the year, but I have ask;

How many of you fine folks keep the dork disk on the rear wheel?

How many of y'all take the dork disk off?

I thinking of putting mine back on...

Peace :aureola:

· You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
My Litespeed came with one; never took it off. My Seven came without one; never missed it and never got another one.

I don't think they bring any value to a reasonably adjusted bike, but I also don't understand people's obsession with removing them. YMMV!

· Still On Steel
2,396 Posts
I took the dork disk off my new bike because the fool thing was warped and rubbed against the jockey cage, producing an annoying scraping sound, when I was using the granny cog. Which, being an old, slow Clyde, is something I do often.

I also didn't like the looks of it.

· Folsom City Blues...
7,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
jtolleson & Allez Rouge,

Thank very much for answering the qestion. Some folks just never take time to read and just go off on a tangent of their own.

I called the LBS and they said they'd be happy to put it back on for me, but they also told me that I didn't need it. Just make sure to bring it in for the free ajustments and free tune ups and I sould be fine.

I've had two steel bike in the pass and a mountain back. (GF Big Sur) The MB came with the dork disk, but it is small and clear, not noticeable. Both my steel road bikes came without.

The R 1000 is cirmson or blood red, C'dale calles it Race Red. The dork disk that came on the R 1000 is at least 7" in circumference, black, and very noticeable. The LBS said thay have smaller clear ones that would not be so noticeable...

Peace :aureola:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.