Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Folsom City Blues...
5,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
MichaelB said:

SNAP !!! 2004 model, only just built up. :ihih:

The Cinelli Nuovo Supercorsa is a blend of fillet brazed and lugged (BB Shell is lugged), and I love it. I love the seat stay detail on this frame. Tubing is Columbus UltraFoco.

Having said that a fully lugged bike with the right lugs looks super schmick !!!

Hope you love your bike as much as I do. :D
That's a real nice looking bike, I love all things Chenlli. The brooks looks good too, how do you like your brooks saddle? And how dose the leather bar tape feel compared to cork tape?

Peace :cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Elfstone said:
That's a real nice looking bike, I love all things Chenlli. The brooks looks good too, how do you like your brooks saddle? And how dose the leather bar tape feel compared to cork tape?

Cheers, I'm happy, and that is all that matters.

Brooks is great. It is Team Pro version, and since getting one on my other road bike 12+ months ago, I'm a Brooks convert.

Bar tape feels fine, doesn't quite have as much give as a good cork tape, but I'll live with it, but I also wear gloves, so ....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Elfstone said:
As I've already mentioned in my earlier thread, I'm finally having a custom steel bike made with Steve Rex. Now I have to decide weather to get a lugged steel bike or super-smooth, perfect radius fillet-brazed joint steel bike.

Can someone chime in and lend me your thoughts on the benefits of a lugged frame or a fillet-brazed frame? I would think that a fillet-brazed frame might be lighter then a lugged frame.

If you have time to check out the link for Steve Rex. You may be of the same opinion that Steve Rex dose brilliantly with lugs and fillet-brazed steel frames alike. So ascetically, it's a toss up.

http://www.rexcycles.com/frames-parts/

steve is a great welder and super nice guy. i choose fillet-brazed as that's what he's really known for. it came out awesome...imho

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
Excellent choice on the lugs elfstone. The are ornate without being overly garish.

Now I think the more difficult question comes, which is "what color paint and paint scheme do you go with?". That one is a killer for me.

And FWIW, I've got two lugged bikes and I'd go with filet to have something different and more modern. But, as has been said ad nauseum, you could not go wrong either way.

·
No Crybabies
11,684 Posts
lugs

Lugs -- polished, chromed, or contrast painted to set them off. It's the artistic epitome of frame building, IMO.

Fillet braising looks more like a Trek carbon bike, to me.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I have both..........And they are both beautiful.

Len

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.