Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there problems with the forum?
Recently i have noticed that i have to log in every time i leave and return to the site. The "Remember Me" box doesnt seem to work as it used to.
Secondly, many of the threads that i have contributed to seem to be out of order with those contributions of others. The comment at the bottom of the thread often isnt the last comment made.
And lastly ive just logged on again to notice that the Welcome box on the top right hand side of the page tells me that, i last logged on 17hrs ago and yet i made a comment on the General Discussion board only an hour ago.
Not exactly big deals, but a bit frustrating at times.

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Not a moderator

Piles said:
Are there problems with the forum?
Recently i have noticed that i have to log in every time i leave and return to the site. The "Remember Me" box doesnt seem to work as it used to.
Secondly, many of the threads that i have contributed to seem to be out of order with those contributions of others. The comment at the bottom of the thread often isnt the last comment made.
And lastly ive just logged on again to notice that the Welcome box on the top right hand side of the page tells me that, i last logged on 17hrs ago and yet i made a comment on the General Discussion board only an hour ago.
Not exactly big deals, but a bit frustrating at times.
but I'll try to help. The "Remember Me" problem was reported on the site feedback forum over a month ago. Gregg was looking into it, but he's on a FMLA leave, so it may not be getting baby sat right now since Gregg has other babies to sit right now. I'd add your comments to the post. This isn't something a moderator can fix, you need a site admin to look into it. They look at site feedback more than General, so I'd give that a try. I don't think it's a wide spread problem (I don't experience it for example)

As far as thread order, that's likely your settings. If you are in Hybrib mode threads will move under the specfic post they replied to, which isn't always the bottom of the post. I look in Hybrib mode full time, but if you can set your own preferences to a post date/time sort.

The last visited feature has never worked as you would expect. Ignore it.

Scot

· Still On Steel
2,396 Posts
This may be a long shot, but ...

... I used to get all manner of weirdness when I was using Internet Explorer. Now that I've switched to Firefox with the Adblock extension, almost everything works perfectly.

"Almost" because about one day out of four, when I log in first thing in the morning and hit "New Posts," the forum software tells me there are none since my last visit -- which, since that was roughly 16 hours ago, obviously cannot be true. Other than that one intermittent glitch, everything works as expected (and ditto on another forum that uses the same forum software).

So maybe try a different browser?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.