Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... I crashed my bike.

Asshat all of a sudden decides to make a right turn from the left lane. Car in front of me hits the brakes. I go down (not c()de).

The bike is fine. I got a skinned knee.

terryb would be proud of me. I sacrificed my bod to save my Look 585 Ultra.

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
You did us proud, sister!

(I hate road-rash!)

Heal quickly!

[I just noticed that was post 2000--can't imagine a better use for it!]

·
Frog Whisperer
40,888 Posts
and within minute you were here telling us about it!

hope you're ok.........you WILL be sore tomorrow so start drinking now!

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Touch0Gray said:
and within minute you were here telling us about it!

hope you're ok.........you WILL be sore tomorrow so start drinking now!
I'll get right on it!

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MerlinAma said:
And all the cars drive away, right?
egg-zactly. The moreaon took off. The car in front of me stopped to check out her front bumper (I don't know why) and then left.

One thing tho, the metro bus driver (who was behind me) waited for me to get rolling again.

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Argentius said:
As Estone, H'wood, and Yours v Truly can tell, pavement hurts. Heal up.
I didn't get it half as bad as you guys. I washed it out and I'm icing it down for a bit right now.

It just sucks that it just takes one idjuct to break a 12 year long lucky streak.

·
Proud luddite
7,192 Posts
il sogno said:
It just sucks that it just takes one idjuct to break a 12 year long lucky streak.
But if a crash was going to happen, at least you didn't get hurt badly in this one. And now you can go another 12 years before the next one happens. Sept. 8, 2022....I suggest that you not ride your bike on that day.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
You're doing it wrong.

il sogno said:
I didn't get it half as bad as you guys. I washed it out and I'm icing it down for a bit right now.

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Argentius said:
You're doing it wrong.
You're right.

Oh geez, I got my leg up and I - I - I don't think I'll be able to walk. Somebody get Richard Sachs to make me a set of custom steel crutches. STAT!

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another thing. I wasn't in the Lounge kit or anything BUT I had perused robdamanii's links for the new Lounge kits just before the ride.

Coincidence? I think not!

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
Winnar!

Fillet brazed or lugged?

il sogno said:
You're right.

Oh geez, I got my leg up and I - I - I don't think I'll be able to walk. Somebody get Richard Sachs to make me a set of custom steel crutches. STAT!

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
il sogno said:

glad to hear you're ok!

I wish I could say I had a streak going like that... you could be like me and crash on average once every 4-6 months (my latest streak...) I also broke another streak recently: it's been 20 years since I last had road rash on my face; that one ended a few weeks ago when I went OTB after breaking a pedal on my fixie. Argentius and I could have had a shootout in the "best bar-fight shiner" competition, although I do still have all my eyebrows intact.

actually stupid fixed gear tricks have probably accounted for 60-65% of my crashes over the past 2 decades... you'd think I'd have learned by now. or something.

sorry to hear the cars were d-bags, but I've come to expect that 100% of the time. I recall noting to myself just this morning on my commute in that 7 of 7 drivers I saw waiting to turn at intersections were jabbering away on their handheld mobiles and paying... less than stellar attention to their surroundings as a result. idiots.

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
That sucks! Sorry to hear that. I went down the other day but fortunately I landed in grass so the only thing hurt was my dignity.

·
Super Moderator
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lonefrontranger said:
glad to hear you're ok!

I wish I could say I had a streak going like that... you could be like me and crash on average once every 4-6 months (my latest streak...) I also broke another streak recently: it's been 20 years since I last had road rash on my face; that one ended a few weeks ago when I went OTB after breaking a pedal on my fixie. Argentius and I could have had a shootout in the "best bar-fight shiner" competition, although I do still have all my eyebrows intact.

actually stupid fixed gear tricks have probably accounted for 60-65% of my crashes over the past 2 decades... you'd think I'd have learned by now. or something.

sorry to hear the cars were d-bags, but I've come to expect that 100% of the time. I recall noting to myself just this morning on my commute in that 7 of 7 drivers I saw waiting to turn at intersections were jabbering away on their handheld mobiles and paying... less than stellar attention to their surroundings as a result. idiots.
Wow them's some impressive crash souvenirs. In 25 years of riding I've never gotten facial road rash.

Last week Mappy and I were riding and actually saw a cop pull a motorist over for talking on her cell phone. Sweet! :thumbsup:

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
il sogno said:
Wow them's some impressive crash souvenirs. In 25 years of riding I've never gotten facial road rash.
eh, I race crits and MTBs and do dumb stunts like ride 'cross bikes in pump tracks and fixies on icy winter streets and the TT rig on singletrack, the odd drunken cruiser ride, etc... and am in the saddle 365 out of 365 days, even if it's just to ride to the grocery store, so in general I'm probably ahead of the statistical risk for my lifestyle. I tell myself this in hopes that I'm not just a pure moreon klutz, but you never know.

Last week Mappy and I were riding and actually saw a cop pull a motorist over for talking on her cell phone. Sweet! :thumbsup:
excellent, I really wish they'd bust the drivers here more often. Colorado has a no handheld mobiles law, but I rarely ever see it enforced.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts