Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to get another furry creature. Now anyone who knows me know that I always want a new furry critter because, well, furry critters are fun. Right now the stables are occupied soley by my hamster, MC (yes, as in MC Hamster). He's furry and cute, and occasionally he bites. Before MC there was Duke the black lab, whom my old roomate "accidentally" let escape from the backyard while I was working a double shift. I never saw him again, even though I kept checking the local shelter. I assume he has a good home, becuase all the neighboring houses had big yards and there were lots of dogs.

Well, today I decided I wanted either a guinea pig or a sugar glider and possibly both. The cool thing is there are plenty up for adoption. But... I can't get one. I have to move back into the dorm in the fall and all the furry critters, four-legged, two-legged, flying, or whatever have to stay with my gramma. And she can't have indoor walking things that don't live confined in cages (ie dogs, cats, or whatever else that can walk around the house unsupervised) because of some breathing problems.

So placate me! Pleeeeease. Post pictures of your furry friend.
 

·
a jumped up pantry boy
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
paint said:
to get another furry creature. Now anyone who knows me know that I always want a new furry critter because, well, furry critters are fun. Right now the stables are occupied soley by my hamster, MC (yes, as in MC Hamster). He's furry and cute, and occasionally he bites. Before MC there was Duke the black lab, whom my old roomate "accidentally" let escape from the backyard while I was working a double shift. I never saw him again, even though I kept checking the local shelter. I assume he has a good home, becuase all the neighboring houses had big yards and there were lots of dogs.

Well, today I decided I wanted either a guinea pig or a sugar glider and possibly both. The cool thing is there are plenty up for adoption. But... I can't get one. I have to move back into the dorm in the fall and all the furry critters, four-legged, two-legged, flying, or whatever have to stay with my gramma. And she can't have indoor walking things that don't live confined in cages (ie dogs, cats, or whatever else that can walk around the house unsupervised) because of some breathing problems.

So placate me! Pleeeeease. Post pictures of your furry friend.
my friend has a pair of sugar gliders. they make this crazy noise that cant be described. they live inside of her purse and eat some sort of gross worm thing. they actually use their hands independently (like holding onto something while holding a worm) and talk to each other in their weird chattering language.

we have way too many animals. 5 dogs and a cat,plus horses. one of my moms clients is like 85 years old and her kids bought her a little toto dog that she cant keep....so we night end up with him too. i think im uploading my ancient weiner dog, our golden retriver, and some random other stuff.
 

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
Joined
·
22,021 Posts
Well, since you asked nice.

His name is Fosby, & it fits.


Len
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh my goodness! I want onnnne!!

What kind of dog is that? Do you live somewhere cold? I don't know how well a big, furry dog would do way down here.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're not helping. Now I really want a sugar glider or two just so I can watch 'em do that and have a reason to carry a purse. :)

Also, great weeny dog. He looks like he has tons of personality.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doesn't surprise me that it's your sister's room. Your bedding is probably not even close to being as nice as that. Girls just have the touch, and anyone who doesn't believe that is either very metro or has never slept in a bed with superb linens.
 

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
Joined
·
22,021 Posts
He is a......

Landseer Newfoundland. He's still a pup.....in those pictures he is about 90 lbs (Or less in one of them). He is currently about 110 lbs...his dad was 150/mom was 130.

We live in Maryland......he spent the end of the summer on the A/C vent. The breed is a water rescue dog, so we just let him dive in the Bay....to cool off.

Len
 

·
a jumped up pantry boy
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
paint said:
You're not helping. Now I really want a sugar glider or two just so I can watch 'em do that and have a reason to carry a purse. :)

Also, great weeny dog. He looks like he has tons of personality.
shes 13 and spends the majority of the time under the blankets with only her nose sticking out. for the record that picture was taken in my sisters room, i havent had crappy pictures on my door since middle school.

sugar gliders are one of those pets that arent really fun after 15 minutes. she says theyre way more trouble then their worth.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maryland can get pretty muggy, though. But it wouldn't be very nice to have one way down in Florida or even central Georgia. I figured it was a newfie but I wasn't quite sure.

Anyway, he's adorable and I'm totally jealous. :)
 

·
a jumped up pantry boy
Joined
·
1,784 Posts
paint said:
Doesn't surprise me that it's your sister's room. Your bedding is probably not even close to being as nice as that. Girls just have the touch, and anyone who doesn't believe that is either very metro or has never slept in a bed with superb linens.
i think last week i reached an all time low.i threw the sheets on my bed in the wash and was going to put new ones on, but life got in the way. im sorry to say that the weiner dog and i ended up sleeping in a sleeping bag on the bare matress for a couple nights in a row.

too bad you cant get a dog/cat. all our animals are from rescues and im sure you could give one a good home.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I'm gonna have a house full of animals one day. My kids (if/when I have any) are gonna grow up with plenty of furry critters. Maybe I'll get one after I'm finished with undergrad.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha, that's what I was thinking but I couldn't remember what they were called.

And I love love love how German Shepherds look when they're still young. Their ears are way too big for their heads and they're furry and fluffy. Awwwww. That's what they make me do. My ex had a great GS named Mason. Wish I coulda taken him with me, but I hate girls who do that - date someone a really long time and then confiscate the pet the guy had before they were together. It's just not fair.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn, two threads in one day that turned into speculation about J's peeing in the house.
 

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
Joined
·
30,749 Posts
paint said:
to get another furry creature. Now anyone who knows me know that I always want a new furry critter because, well, furry critters are fun. Right now the stables are occupied soley by my hamster, MC (yes, as in MC Hamster). He's furry and cute, and occasionally he bites. Before MC there was Duke the black lab, whom my old roomate "accidentally" let escape from the backyard while I was working a double shift. I never saw him again, even though I kept checking the local shelter. I assume he has a good home, becuase all the neighboring houses had big yards and there were lots of dogs.

Well, today I decided I wanted either a guinea pig or a sugar glider and possibly both. The cool thing is there are plenty up for adoption. But... I can't get one. I have to move back into the dorm in the fall and all the furry critters, four-legged, two-legged, flying, or whatever have to stay with my gramma. And she can't have indoor walking things that don't live confined in cages (ie dogs, cats, or whatever else that can walk around the house unsupervised) because of some breathing problems.

So placate me! Pleeeeease. Post pictures of your furry friend.
She was our furry friend til the landlords (grr) found out, after one of my housemates moved out (wethinks there was a traitor...)...after we'd had her for 4 months of course :)
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top