Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all good things come to an end....but leaves me another door to open.

My steel Scapin R8 with Neutron Ultra and 11speed Chorus went head to head with a Toyota Corolla today with me on it and we came off second best. I was about 30kms into a 120km pedal before night shift tonight (Aussie time) when I was riding up a popular hill in Hobart called Bonnet Hill when a nice enough elderly lady pulled out of her driveway but failed to give way :mad2:

I locked the brakes up but slid straight into her guard causing a bit of damage...but to my concerns bent the Scapin. Front wheel exploded and everything else ended up in a tangle.

Lucky for me Tas Ambulance Service was driving behind me and saw it happen. They were on the way to another job (sorry) but called another bus for them. I got up and to my amazement....not a scratch or damage to my helmet :thumbsup:

But bike is broke and I have to wait for my new Felt to come in about 2 weeks....even then I cant ride it cause my mate is getting the groupset off it for a training bike and mine is now going to Super Record when her insurance comes through..that has already been organised by her and she passed on all the details with out messing around.

The Police came as usual and breath test was taken....ect and gave the lady a ticket and 3 point demerit.

So, its off the bike for a couple of weeks and time to dig out the walking shoes and go exploring in this wonderful part of the world I call home.......Tasmania!

Got pictures....just cant use photobucket on this computer, will have to upload, email and then re open on the other computer....but yes they will be here soon.

·
Teach me how to Bucky
465 Posts
Ouch, sorry about the bike.

Glad, you are fine.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
sux. but imagine if a similar thing happened on a classic Italian lugged frameset many yrs out of production w/ no chance of replacement AND you walked away w/ a separated a-c joint...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ouch!!! but this was very minor and lucky for me..... The last one I was paid nearly $19000Aud and flew through the air like I was, well air borne!!! Put me off work for a long time and not to mention out of the crit series :-(

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
that's pretty cool that the police ticketed the drive and got points for this...over here...not so much they'd probably test your breathe

but more importantly glad you're ok

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mccurdy21 said:
Glad you're ok.. Might want to change your signature :D

Cheers for that....can still post cheap lol but I am sure that the insurance company may take it off my hands...and I hope they do!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts