Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry, today is a better day for me. I just got a call from my LBS, my 2011 Felt F5 is ready for me to come pick up!

Will be on the bike, out on the road by 5:30.

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hoping for tomorrow but most likely friday! My bike was supposed to have shipped 3 thursdays ago(as of tomorrow) but apparently EP paperwork takes longer. so if it shows up tommorrow I'll be super happy!

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boss says tomorrow is the day. God I hope so. Picture thread to follow. New wheels should be here next week sometime. Bar and stem to follow as well as a new saddle and seatpost possibly.

·
Born to chase Ducks
2,736 Posts
zach.scofield said:
Boss says tomorrow is the day. God I hope so. Picture thread to follow. New wheels should be here next week sometime. Bar and stem to follow as well as a new saddle and seatpost possibly.
Your not going to sleep a wink tonight, are you?

I ordered my F3 last Saturday, and it was supposed to arrive at the shop today. Assuming that happened, I'm hoping to be able to put it together with my new wheels (which are also on order) in about a week.

Here's hoping tomorrow's the day for yours!
-- Don4

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh I will definately sleep tonight. I am beat! 2 Kids, wife, dog, work and 1st week back in classes. LIFE. Im tired tonight!

·
Born to chase Ducks
2,736 Posts
zach.scofield said:
looks like my long weekend is going to be without F5. Shipment didnt show up today.
I feel your pain. I called my LBS last Friday to let them know I was coming in on Saturday to order my F3. They called Felt to check on availability of size 54 and 56. Felt verified that they had both available and ready to ship, so the shop put a hold one of both sizes, since they hadn't fit me yet. Saturday, we did the fitting, and determined I needed the 54. Monday, the shop placed the order, and indicated they should have by Thursday (yesterday).

zach.scofield said:
My bike was supposed to have shipped 3 thursdays ago(as of tomorrow) but apparently EP paperwork takes longer.
Mine is still not here either, but I haven't been waiting so long, really. I'm kinda surprised at the seeming inability of Felt to predict how long it's going to take to ship a pretty large box a known distance. Distribution these days isn't exactly Rocket Surgery.

I'm still waiting on my new wheelset to arrive anyway, so I'll just take a couple of deep breaths and maybe the new bike fever will subside.

-- Don4

·
Born to chase Ducks
2,736 Posts
zach.scofield said:
Realizing you may not want to stir the pot too much, since this is an EP, but seeing how you are closer to the manufacturer than most of us...what is Felt saying? To me (and I have a very, very thin, almost non-existant BS filter :aureola: ) it either shipped or it didn't, and if it shipped, there would be a bill of lading, if coming LTL freight, or a tracking number if coming by UPS, or FedEx. Maybe they are using USPS -- they can't even successfully track a Express Mail to the IRS. Either way, it's no way to treat a customer. EP or not.

-- Don4

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Its not that its an EP. I meant same to waiting for my wheels to come in. I dont have direct contact with the felt reps as I am just the mechanic and I am not allowed to have that info(? - seems odd but I feel there are business protection reasons that dont need to be discussed here). I am told what is going on by my boss. I am not really any closer to them than you or the next guy except that I wrench on them. He told me 3 mondays ago that the bike shipped, then when the following thursday rolled around and still no bike, I was told that because its an EP there had to be 10 of them in stock so I would have to wait for the inventory at felt to be updated which was that day or the next. That was last friday. Monday he called in an order for several bikes and 9 bikes were "shipped" as he said and would start showing thursday or friday of which one would be mine. Thursday rolled around and nothing. I wasnt expecting them to make it here in 4 days but then he told me it would be here friday. Nothing again which leads me to today and a 3 day weekend with more cancelled ride plans with family and friends. Frustrated! But more over I have people I know personally waiting to see these bikes to ride and buy (I dont get paid commission so..) and that adds to the frustration.

·
Born to chase Ducks
2,736 Posts
It almost sounds like the order is showing "shipped" because the order has been accepted as the EP, and they have some in stock, but don't have the logic set to require a minimum of 10 (per the rules). Weird!

Well, hang in there. I'll continue to knock around on my 1983 Trek (at 23.5 lbs) until the new one arrives, but I'd sure like to get the new one before the snow flys. I'm in Michigan, and I figure I've got about two more months, if I dress right, to ride outside.

Here's hoping both yours and mine come in next week...your first!

-- Don4

·
Born to chase Ducks
2,736 Posts
Don4 said:
Here's hoping both yours and mine come in next week...your first!
-- Don4
Well, looks like I got lucky. My F3 must have come in yesterday, as I got the call from my bike shop that as soon as they install the new crank (going with compact), it'll be ready to go! I'm picking it up on Saturday. New wheels are still not ready (who thought red spoke nipples would take so long to come in?!), so I'll just have to be gentle with the stock rims.

Any news on yours, zach.scofield? Sounds like yours is going to be sweet with that Campy Chorus 11 on board!

-- Don4

·
Ride bicycles? Why?
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My boss called Felt tuesday. Bike still hadn't shipped from them yet but he got it shipped(so Im told) after my boss had a small fit over the phone w/ his rep. New campy groupo was ordered today I believe (was supposed to have been, was in class all afternoon so I dont know for sure) and wheels should be here this week. Hopefully it'll all come together by early next week.

·
3T Cycling
1,237 Posts
zach.scofield said:
My boss called Felt tuesday. Bike still hadn't shipped from them yet but he got it shipped(so Im told) after my boss had a small fit over the phone w/ his rep. New campy groupo was ordered today I believe (was supposed to have been, was in class all afternoon so I dont know for sure) and wheels should be here this week. Hopefully it'll all come together by early next week.

Zach,
Whats the name of your shop. Do you know who your boss spoke with?

-SD

1 - 20 of 123 Posts