Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
41 - 60 of 123 Posts
zach.scofield said:
Today guys. Pics soon to follow.

Cant wait to see yours built up....I have to wait till the end of the month as they are on the water atm coming to Australia. My LBS wicked dudes at Cylingo said maybe 4 weeks from today..Thats pooh cause pretty sure when I sealed the deal on one the day the Melbourne based rep came in, he said end of this month............better be some nice bonuses coming cause my money could of been in the bank working for me lol

Got some nice bits ready for this baby and all the felt speco stuff including the 105 is going to a wet weather HTFU old steel italian boat ancher/sea horse training bike.

If any one is interested in set of the BB30 cranks it comes with PM me and I may give them to you as a disadvantage as they weigh a monster hehe

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Put the bike together today and it looks sharp. Friday my order goes in for the Campy Chorus groupset minus brakes. Im going with a set of TRP 950 sl's in black 3k finish. Tomorrow the zaffiro pros come off for a set of S-Works turbo's. My Roval sl wheelset will be in by the end of the week. Today when I got home I swapped out the stock skewers for my kcnc dixi's. I had forgotten how rediculously light they are. Ti nitride stem bolts go in sometime when I get some time. I also swapped the stock stem spacers out for some carbon 3k ones I had. I just gotta find the carbon headset cap I have around here to match up a bit more. For anyone who is interested, the stock seatpost and seat weight is 420gr together, the stock stem weighed in at 130gr w/ stock bolts. The stock bike with 2 SS king cages and Look Keo sprint pedals weighed 18lbs 9oz. The king cage weight is 80gr a pair.

Will be riding in the AM.

Discussion starter · #50 · (Edited)
So, just got back from the mayden voyage. About 10 miles, half dry, half wet, back and forth to class this morning. Here is my initial, pre-fit impressions:

Bike is stiff, responsive and handles on a dime. It doesn't feel as smooth as the Z over the rough stuff but it does handle much quicker and sprints better. As far as fit compared to the Z, minus the seat to bar drop, the cockpit is pretty much the same. I havent ridden the bike with the stem in the up position to compare there yet but that will be done on the next ride. Both the F and Z bikes accelerate comparably so far. The F seems to get the edge on a sprint though in the first 3 pedal strokes. Compared to a Spec Tarmac comp, the F feels smoother and exhibits less jarring of my body over the tiny road cracks. I didn't feel any road buzz either like I have on the Tarmac. I noticed, while sprinting, that I felt farther forward on the F then the Tarmac. I appreciated this feeling as the bike seems to rocket forward as opposed to just gaining speed. Could this be that liveliness...? I have a feeling this bike will win many awards in its class range!

I think a light wheelset will be the most notable upgrade on this bike. The CXP 22 wheelset is bomber though and would make a good wet wheelset or trainer wheelset. The stock VS bar is not really to my liking either at this point. I can't seem to find a spot that I like on it. Keep in mind I rarely ride w/ gloves. The drops are nice but, the bar tops and upper bends leave me wanting more. Next ride will be with gloves. The stock saddle is quite comfy but, I think I would prefer an Aliante. I think for this bike and myself the Aliante would be best. The Zaffiro pro's corner in the wet as good as any tire I've ever used. Not my favorite dry tire by any means. The new 105 group by shimano is great. It shifts as well as 6700, 7900. Smooth and quiet. However, I dont like the ergonomics of the shifters and I feel there is a gap in the cassette (why im going to chorus 11s).

So far I'm very impressed with the bike at the $1999. retail spot.

Sorry guys if I had mine I would post some picks (slow to come down here) but here is an update on what I have in the spare room hidden away or on the way….zach.s your killing us btw so post some pics!!

Campagnolo press fit bb cups
Super Record cranks compact 50/34
Super Record brakes
Super Record rear der
Super Record levers (maybe)
Chorus front der
Chorus Cassette
KMC 11 speed chain (light version)
Campagnolo Neutron Ultra/Hyperons/Boras
Ultremo tires in red
Speed play track edition pedals
Ritchey WCS 4 axis carbon stem
Ritchey WCS carbon classic bars
Ritchey WCS Carbon 1 bolt seat post
Selle SMP Composite saddle
Cinelli Ram bottle cages.

All the new 105 is going to my training bike with felt contact points + a new set of 105 compacts that came today….mind you they look nice for what they are and spin freely.

I've been following this forum for the last month or so and first of all, I'd like to say...Thank you Superdave for your dedication to serving felt riders, it's great to see that such customer service still exists.

I finally signed up today because everyone seems to be getting their bikes which is quite exciting. I went in to my lbs pay off my 2011 F5 team Wednesday and I was told it had just shipped out!

I'll be riding by middle of next week hopefully. I'll be sure to post a ton of photos if I can stay of the bike for 10 minutes.:)

I can honestly say SuperDave is one of the reasons that I bought a Felt. I know Felt is still a company that sells a lot of bikes, but just knowing that they actually care about the feedback from riders is awesome, and in a way comforting. I know SuperDave can't solve all of our problems, but just knowing that maybe someone is listening makes me love their bikes even more.

Though, it also helps that the bikes are great, well engineered, and (though this may not be important to everyone) have the most amazing paint and graphics of any bike out there. I do a lot of graphic design stuff, but I am in awe of the 2011 graphics. It is rare that I think the lowest end bike from a company still looks as cool as the top of the line.

So, to all of the new F5 riders in this thread, let me assure you, it is so worth the wait. Such a smooth fast ride.

I have a 2011 B16 that replaces a 2008 TTX and a 2011 F5 that replaces a 2001 S-Works. I also just purchased a 2011 Z85 for my father.

Though, I still want to know why I don't have the Felt cable ends? Has anyone gotten a bike with them?

Discussion starter · #55 ·
I have to agree with every word Lou3000 just typed!

Today I put on the 23mm S-Works turbo tires. What an improvement. With the tires, skewers and carbon stem spacers the bike now weighs 18lbs even. I'll take some pics today and post them for you guys. I had to get a 0 offset post for mine. Currently borrowing a thomson elite but have a 3T doric team on order. For any of you that are wondering, the stock 300mm post weighs 220gr on a Park scale, same as the Thomson 330mm. I can't tell a difference in the ride quality either.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Dray3573 said:
I want some of those Felt cable ends as well. I now have three felts and I want them on all my bikes. My LBS told me though that they dont stay on all that well. Who cares, I want them anyway.
I havent had any issues with the ends I've installed. Everytime the bikes come back in or I ride with the owners the ends are still there.

I also cant seem to find my usb cable for my camera at the moment so pics will have to wait till tomorrow when I can find it.

Welcome chambers078to this small part of the internet world called RBR and yes SD is a god sent felt angle with wings and all!! Tell us a bit more about ya and size bike you are getting?

The F5 Team looks like a good package and hope you are happy.

Stu

zach.scofield said:
I havent had any issues with the ends I've installed. Everytime the bikes come back in or I ride with the owners the ends are still there.

I also cant seem to find my usb cable for my camera at the moment so pics will have to wait till tomorrow when I can find it.

Grrr find that usb cable now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETWN Stu said:
Welcome chambers078to this small part of the internet world called RBR and yes SD is a god sent felt angle with wings and all!! Tell us a bit more about ya and size bike you are getting?

The F5 Team looks like a good package and hope you are happy.

Stu
Thanks Stu. I'm a college student who spends his free time riding in the North Georgia mountains. I ordered a 54cm bike, I'm kinda in a grey area between 54 and 56. Called the LBS today (probably annoying the piss out of 'em at this point) and they said my bike will be there Tuesday!

41 - 60 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.