Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple a years ago I was given a very rough Ti frame. It has no serial number, logos, etching or head badge. It's basically a "back door bike" from a certain factory in the Midwest.

I finally found a the remaining parts to get it built. I needed a headset, fork, front derailleur and seat post before I could decommission my Vitus 787 Futural.

More when I'm done.

·
Registered
21,674 Posts
TWB8s said:
A couple a years ago I was given a very rough Ti frame. It has no serial number, logos, etching or head badge. It's basically a "back door bike" from a certain factory in the Midwest.

I finally found a the remaining parts to get it built. I needed a headset, fork, front derailleur and seat post before I could decommission my Vitus 787 Futural.

More when I'm done.
Are you saying that Trek made Ti bikes at some point? I don't remember this.

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They used to. When a guy from Wayzata, Minnesota went batsh!t crazy at the Interbike press conference when Lance was doing Q &A it sealed the deal on past tense.

It's a prototype Victoire Classic that wasn't needed long before GL dug his own grave with Trek.

I'm almost done. I need to wrap the bars, hang the front derailleur, hang the chain and air up the tires.

I was going to put road tires on, but when I put the cross wheels from the donor bike in and there was ample clearance I decided to leave them mounted. The H8er H.O.T.S. is only a few weeks away and this bike might be the ticket. A couple of test rides on the H8er trail should tell me if I should go with the SS Flyte 'Cross bike which can run 45's.

Updated album montage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts