Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like he is riding a prototype alu version of the crux frame with the alternative option of running disc brakes if course conditions are right. Note the non-internal top tube cable routing and alternative left seat stay cable guides/disc tabs.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Veeerrrrryyyyy interesting!

I was hoping they'd add discs to their 'cross bikes.

Thanks for sharing! I like the internal cable routing on the down tube too.

·
Do not touch the trim.
2,381 Posts
It's a welded aluminum frame with a disc mount. Any aluminum frame maker could throw that thing together in an hour. Specialized sure has that marketing **** down.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Those downtube cables would drive me nuts everytime I shouldered that bike. That is right where I grab the frame to hoist it up.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
looks like

a basic ole cross bike
with a really ugly non drive side drop out

·
Registered
191 Posts
What is wrong with him running the aluminum version of the Crux? The carbon version is simply a Tricross with the Crux name. The aluminum version has a better CX geometry and feel to it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Does this mean that any future disc crux models will have 130mm rear spacing? I was really hoping for 135mm rear as a standard. If they are simply going to slap disc tabs on existing rear spacing, then I will need even more sets of silly wheels.

I like being able to swap wheels back and forth between my La Cruz and my 29er.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
196nautique said:
Does this mean that any future disc crux models will have 130mm rear spacing? I was really hoping for 135mm rear as a standard. If they are simply going to slap disc tabs on existing rear spacing, then I will need even more sets of silly wheels.
That would be the smart thing to do. There are very few 130mm disc hubs out there now and if you're running disc on your CX there's no need to be compatible with your roadie.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
It's only a matter of time before we see more Pro's using disc tabs but not using discs!
Game Changer!
Wait....whhhaaaattt???????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts