Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brand new redline pro conquest :thumbsup: has one little problem my toe hits the front wheel at low speed sharp turns.

is toe wheel over lap a problem with many cross bikes?

is it do to the fact that i have a smaller frame (52)?

is there any way to fix this?

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
1.) It's not uncommon on cyclocross bikes. Whether it's a problem or not is subjective.

2.) It's more likely to crop up on smaller frames within a size run of the same frame. And eliminating toe overlap should not be the primary reason to upsize your frame.

3.) Well, if your cranks are the correct length and your cleats are in the right place, then the simplest solution is the most obvious one: don't pedal through when turning that sharply, but stagger a little until you straighten out. Or learn not to freak out when you nerf yourself a little.

·
Registered
70 Posts
WELL. If your doing a sharp LEFT turn, you can always put your left foot at the 6 o'clock position and your right foot at the 12 o'clock possition, just don't pedal at the turn, or as in free-wheel.

Unless you have abnormaly long feet...

·
You call that running?
262 Posts
BoootyHoIe said:
WELL. If your doing a sharp LEFT turn, you can always put your left foot at the 6 o'clock position and your right foot at the 12 o'clock possition
Left pedal down turning left=pedal hits ground

I think you were going for left pedal down while turning right.

To the OP It is possible to pedal through slow turns, but you have to time it right. Set up some cones and practice. You'll get the hang of it.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
tetter said:
my brand new redline pro conquest :thumbsup: has one little problem my toe hits the front wheel at low speed sharp turns.
I had the same problem with my Redline which also was probably on the small side for me. I got a Van Dessel, slightly bigger, and there is no overlap and it feels like it handles much better in slow speed twisty turns.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
no biggie... deal with it
the norm on most small frames
occurs on bigger cx bikes due to the bigger tires
if your toe hits the tire at speed you've prob got bigger problems at hand

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.