Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Do not touch the trim.
2,383 Posts
bas said:
ITT is today

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2006/jul06/austriatour06/austriatour065

General classification after stage 5

1 Christian Pfannberger (Aut) Elk Haus-Simplon 21.53.03
2 Tom Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 0.56
The hilarious part is that the guy leading was with Tom at the start of the final climb on a decisive stage and had to pull over and take a crap, he got back on his bike and passed Danielson, classic.

A breakaway group of 15 ruled the race up until the beginning of the climb up the Kitzbüheler Horn, when the climbers Pfannberger, Danielson, Trampusch, Thomas Rohregger and Bernhard Kohl caught and passed them. Unfortunately for "Pfanni," he had to stop at the start of the climb due to an attack of diarrhoea, "and thought I didn't have any chance left for a good finish." He got back on his bike and continued on. "I kept on getting better and quickly found my rhythm."

·
Self-Banned
16,907 Posts
OnTheRivet said:
The hilarious part is that the guy leading was with Tom at the start of the final climb on a decisive stage and had to pull over and take a crap, he got back on his bike and passed Danielson, classic.

A breakaway group of 15 ruled the race up until the beginning of the climb up the Kitzbüheler Horn, when the climbers Pfannberger, Danielson, Trampusch, Thomas Rohregger and Bernhard Kohl caught and passed them. Unfortunately for "Pfanni," he had to stop at the start of the climb due to an attack of diarrhoea, "and thought I didn't have any chance left for a good finish." He got back on his bike and continued on. "I kept on getting better and quickly found my rhythm."

Mud Butt dropped some extra weight and no longer had to waste extra energy to hold it in... :)

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
bas said:
Don't know if I would brag up winning this one. Talk about winning over a bunch of no-names and or has beens...

1 Tom Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
2 Ruslan Pidgornyy (Ukr) Team Tenax Salmilano
3 Christian Pfannberger (Aut) Elk Haus-Simplon
4 Thomas Rohregger (Aut) Elk Haus-Simplon
5 Bernhard Kohl (Aut) T-Mobile Team
6 Marco Marzano (Ita) Lampre-Fondital
7 Gerhard Trampusch (Aut) Team Wiesenhof Akud
8 Gerrit Glomser (Aut) Team Vorarlberg
9 Jurgen Van Goolen (Bel) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
10 Johann Tschopp (Swi) Phonak Hearing Systems

This "big" win coming from Danielson, does this mean everyone is going to start talking about how he's the "next big thing" again? For an alleged future team leader of Disco, this ain't that impressive. A good win for him, yes, overall is it impressive? Not so much..

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
magnolialover said:
Don't know if I would brag up winning this one. Talk about winning over a bunch of no-names and or has beens...

1 Tom Danielson (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
2 Ruslan Pidgornyy (Ukr) Team Tenax Salmilano
3 Christian Pfannberger (Aut) Elk Haus-Simplon
4 Thomas Rohregger (Aut) Elk Haus-Simplon
5 Bernhard Kohl (Aut) T-Mobile Team
6 Marco Marzano (Ita) Lampre-Fondital
7 Gerhard Trampusch (Aut) Team Wiesenhof Akud
8 Gerrit Glomser (Aut) Team Vorarlberg
9 Jurgen Van Goolen (Bel) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
10 Johann Tschopp (Swi) Phonak Hearing Systems

This "big" win coming from Danielson, does this mean everyone is going to start talking about how he's the "next big thing" again? For an alleged future team leader of Disco, this ain't that impressive. A good win for him, yes, overall is it impressive? Not so much..
You mean beating superstars like Pidgornyy and Pgannberger, who are practically household names, doesn't count for much? :rolleyes:

Look at it this way - if top 300 or so cyclists get implicated in another doping scandal, maybe Danielson has a good shot at a major tour?

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I think...

55x11 said:
You mean beating superstars like Pidgornyy and Pgannberger, who are practically household names, doesn't count for much? :rolleyes:

Look at it this way - if top 300 or so cyclists get implicated in another doping scandal, maybe Danielson has a good shot at a major tour?
I think he does have a good shot at the Vuelta this year, possibly. We'll see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.