Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To add a little more detail, here are the components as best as I can describe them:

54cm / 21" Tommasini road bike

Tommasini Columbus frame and Chroma forks

Campagnolo Corsa Record Headset, Crank, Block, Rear Dérailleur, Wheels, Hubs, Seat Stem, Delta Brakes, Dual Brake Leaver and Gear Change

3ttt Handlebars and Stem

Shimano dura-ace Pedals, Wheel Closers, Front Dérailleur

Selle italia flite titanium seat​

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Part it out

Except for Tommasini's made from Genius, EL, Max and Mini-max tubing, most of the frames, ie Tecno, Prestiege and Diamante go for from $450-$550 unless NOS. People talk up Tommasini's but it's not reflected in their selling price. This data is from the last 3 years or so of EBay US, UK and Italy activity.

There was a Prestiege, same color and paint scheme as yours but 1983 model with bosses for two bottles which sold for $775 about 8 months ago. Picture attached.

Much of your components look like CRecord and some of it late vintage as well. The brake calipers alone will get you from $225 and up. Personally, I don't think you will realize as much from selling the complete bike although admitedly, it's much easier.

Good luck on either route. If you list on EBay UK, make sure you are comfortable shipping to the US, know how much the shipping cost is to the US and make sure it's also listed on US EBay.

andij said:
Hi there,

I'm looking to sell my Tommasini and have no real idea on the current market value, please can you guys shed some light for me?

Full photo set:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/andij/sets/72157618424047624/

Full photo set:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/andij/sets/72157618424047624/

Much appreciated!

I'm located in South UK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks boneman,

I'd not thought of disassembling and selling each part separately, It sounds potentially more lucrative..

Great advice to ensure that I allow international shipping and adding it to eBay US as well as eBay UK. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
That bike needs to be disposed of very carefully, so please let me have your details and I'll take care of it for you as the certified Tommasini collection point in the South :)

Seriously, that is a beauty. Whilst I fully understand wanting to maximise profit by parting out stuff, I do find it a little sad to see it happen to bikes like this (I guess the way I need to look at it is how many other bikes will the donor parts help).

Good luck with it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with Unica, it would be a shame to part it. It's been my hall ornament for the last 11 years, and it receives a grin from me every morning I pass it en-route to breakfast! :)

If anyone would like to make me an offer for the whole bike, please feel free as it's got to go...!! :(

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ahhhhhh...

andij said:
If anyone would like to make me an offer for the whole bike, please feel free as it's got to go...!! :(
Must...resist...must...resist

I'd be very interested, but my wife may have something to say about another bike, especially another Tommasini!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nautilus said:
If you decide to part it, I'd be interested in the levers...
I'll let you know if I do decide to part it, you can have 1st 'dibs' on the levers. :thumbsup:

·
off the back
15,593 Posts

My lord, that's a beautiful frame. :eek:

I'd almost ask about price for your frame, but any Tommasini I get has to have the chromed lugs and stays as well. drool.

Personally, I wouldn't sell it, and wonder why you feel the need to now?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts