Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks and show off the new build. I certainly couldn't have done it without the help of the folks on this forum.

The frame is ~2005 Tommasini Fire, custom paint and custom geometry found on ebay. It turns out the PO and I are very similar in build, because the bike feels great. I picked up an '06 Centaur group for ridiculously little money and completed it with bits from my Motobecane. I can say with absolute certainty this bike rides tons better. It seems to soak up the minor road harshness better than the aluminum MB. For those who don't know, Tommasini is an awesome company to deal with. Tina with Tommasini USA was very helpful in tracking down the details of the frame geometry and seemed genuinely interested in me and my bike.

I am not sold on the look of the wheels, but they were what I had available. I am thinking to peel off the "Radials" sticker... especially since that is an odd thing for a set of rims to say. Tires maybe, but not rims.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Banned
7,191 Posts
Does anyone know who makes those wheels? Can't tell from the picture...:D

Seriously, peel those stickers off. You shouldn't be able to read a wheel from space.

That's a gorgeous bike- nice mix of old-school Italian paint and modern tubes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the compliments and suggestions gang. I will leave the wheels as is for now and just ride it. Maybe the decision about the stickers will come to me later. I tend to agree with both camps: I see that the red compliments the frame graphics, but at the same time like buck-50 said - they can be read from a long ways away. I ride a Tommasini, not a Neuvation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.