Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of some general valuation information for a late 80s Tommasini with original Campagnolo components? The paint is chipped in some places, but is original. I used to race it in college, but haven't ridden it in years. I'd like to sell it to someone who can put it to good use. It's a great bike!

Thanks for any advice!!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
IndyRupp said:
Does anyone know of some general valuation information for a late 80s Tommasini with original Campagnolo components? The paint is chipped in some places, but is original. I used to race it in college, but haven't ridden it in years. I'd like to sell it to someone who can put it to good use. It's a great bike!

Thanks for any advice!!
It really depends on the frame and components. campy usually brings more than Shimano. A lugged steel frame will bring more than a tig frame. Look at ebay for prices. Go into advanced search and click on ended auctions. That should give you a good idea of what you'll get for the bike. Tommasini is regarded as a high-end bike and you should have no problem selling it. What size is the frame? A 55 or 56 will get more bites than a larger or very small frame.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!

Thank you for the info. It is a 56 cm frame. I'll check out eBay and see what they have been going for. My biggest issue is shipping it out of Indy, of course. I'll figure that one out next. Thanks again!

·
Fondriest Fanatic
134 Posts
Think about this.....

IndyRupp said:
Thank you for the info. It is a 56 cm frame. I'll check out eBay and see what they have been going for. My biggest issue is shipping it out of Indy, of course. I'll figure that one out next. Thanks again!
Hi Steve,
Aaron Barker here, Jen Kost's husband. You shouldn't have too much trouble selling it, but you might consider parting it out. Especially with the older Campy gear, there's likely a lot of collectors out there looking for specific parts. Do an ebay search on some of the individual components and see how much they're going for. It makes shipping easier even though you may have more items going out. The post office has great free Priority Mail boxes you can use. I've shipped frames and wheelsets across the US for approx. $35-$45 via UPS or Fedex. I've never shipped a whole bike so I don't know how easy or how much that would be.

Take care and good luck,
Aaron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! Thanks for the great info., Aaron!! Actually, after I graduated from college and was on a training ride a guy came up next to me and said he'd give me $1,000 for my parts and I could sell my frame separately. I turned him down, but am thinking I was an idiot. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.