Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
hello
3,394 Posts
PeanutButterBreath said:
Reasonable compromise?
Perhaps, but only with matching paint job... :)

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Cinelli!

According to my 2009 catalog, the Cinelli comes with a 1" threaded fork.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can get a chrome threaded fork... not sure what the HT takes tho.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
Richard said:
According to my 2009 catalog, the Cinelli comes with a 1" threaded fork.
Interesting. But the headtube of that Cinelli looks fat...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
FWIW I have a Sintesi road frame and it is threadless too (though chrome) but it is 1" so it would be easy to convert to threaded...anybosy know the street price on this frame??

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
ukiahb said:
FWIW I have a Sintesi road frame and it is threadless too (though chrome) but it is 1" so it would be easy to convert to threaded...anybosy know the street price on this frame??
Expensive. The Cinelli is somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,000.:cryin:

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MSRP = $2349.28 (price includes frame & fork only, shipping & sales tax not included)
MSRP = $4212.69 (price includes complete bike only, shipping & sales tax not included)

MSRP = $336 Tommasini AIR fork Nivacrom. Steel tubing, microfusion fork crown. Exclusive model (1")

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
FatTireFred said:
MSRP = $2349.28 (price includes frame & fork only, shipping & sales tax not included)
MSRP = $4212.69 (price includes complete bike only, shipping & sales tax not included)

MSRP = $336 Tommasini AIR fork Nivacrom. Steel tubing, microfusion fork crown. Exclusive model (1")
ouch! only paid about $700 for my road Sintesi frame w/ fork IIRC several years ago when CC was closing them out...guess I'll stick with my Soma Rush for now, though I am running the chrome Sintesi fork with it at least (the Soma fork was a POS but the frame is fine)

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cavity. said:
You can always have your fork threaded.

only if the steerer wall is of adequate thickness... it doesn't always work that way

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was under the impression... I saw dimensions somewhere, I swear, and the difference in wall thicknesses for a 1" threaded steerer, to a "standard" (as if there was such a thing) threadless steel 1" steerer was a mere .2mm.

In other words, it's more than likely possible, than not.

FWIW, I had a 1 1/4" (yes 1.25) aluminum Rock Shox Judy steerer threaded to fit a MTB I had at the time. Worked great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
sweet....I just wish they'd make it with a threaded steerer......small tubed, lugged frames need quill stems...
we do make them with a threaded fork - you just have to ask. Plus all of our retail pricing has dropped - we just made a major change in how we sell to customers in the USA.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TommasiniUSA said:
we just made a major change...

better... still kinda spendy

MSRP = $1662.70
(price includes frame, fork, customs & shipping fees. CA sales tax not included)

MSRP = $3023.41
(price includes complete bike, customs & shipping fees. CA sales tax not included)

·
Registered
3 Posts
true... but if you think about it - you do get what you pay for. We only use top of the line materials, still make everything by hand in our factory (in Italy) and only make approximately 2000-2500 frames for the entire world per year - that includes all frames/models made, not just one line. So we really cannot complete on price with the guys who mass produce the frames, use different materials, outsource production, etc. We still follow tradition as well and the business is still family owned.

But I do know that we are still just out of some people's price range - I wish it weren't so but it costs money to build these things ya know?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
That's a beautiful frame. A bargain IMO, and..best thing, it's Italian.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts