Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Tommasini

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  JayTee 
#1 ·
See less See more
#10 ·
ukiahb said:
FWIW I have a Sintesi road frame and it is threadless too (though chrome) but it is 1" so it would be easy to convert to threaded...anybosy know the street price on this frame??
Expensive. The Cinelli is somewhere in the neighborhood of $2,000.:cryin:

#11 ·
MSRP = $2349.28 (price includes frame & fork only, shipping & sales tax not included)
MSRP = $4212.69 (price includes complete bike only, shipping & sales tax not included)

MSRP = $336 Tommasini AIR fork Nivacrom. Steel tubing, microfusion fork crown. Exclusive model (1")

#12 ·
FatTireFred said:
MSRP = $2349.28 (price includes frame & fork only, shipping & sales tax not included)
MSRP = $4212.69 (price includes complete bike only, shipping & sales tax not included)

MSRP = $336 Tommasini AIR fork Nivacrom. Steel tubing, microfusion fork crown. Exclusive model (1")
ouch! only paid about $700 for my road Sintesi frame w/ fork IIRC several years ago when CC was closing them out...guess I'll stick with my Soma Rush for now, though I am running the chrome Sintesi fork with it at least (the Soma fork was a POS but the frame is fine)

#16 ·
I was under the impression... I saw dimensions somewhere, I swear, and the difference in wall thicknesses for a 1" threaded steerer, to a "standard" (as if there was such a thing) threadless steel 1" steerer was a mere .2mm.

In other words, it's more than likely possible, than not.

FWIW, I had a 1 1/4" (yes 1.25) aluminum Rock Shox Judy steerer threaded to fit a MTB I had at the time. Worked great.

#18 ·
TommasiniUSA said:
we just made a major change...

better... still kinda spendy

MSRP = $1662.70
(price includes frame, fork, customs & shipping fees. CA sales tax not included)

MSRP = $3023.41
(price includes complete bike, customs & shipping fees. CA sales tax not included)

#19 ·
true... but if you think about it - you do get what you pay for. We only use top of the line materials, still make everything by hand in our factory (in Italy) and only make approximately 2000-2500 frames for the entire world per year - that includes all frames/models made, not just one line. So we really cannot complete on price with the guys who mass produce the frames, use different materials, outsource production, etc. We still follow tradition as well and the business is still family owned.

But I do know that we are still just out of some people's price range - I wish it weren't so but it costs money to build these things ya know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.