Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will use my Aeropress for the first time along with some Tanzanian Peaberry coffee. If it tastes like I hope it will be great, if it doesn't I still have bag of Camerons Breakfast blend. Fingers crossed.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
Congrats. I will be sipping my Maxwell House brewed with the trusty Bunn jealously...

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
I am so saddened by this post. Real men drink tea and ride steel.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Is that the bean that passes through the digestive tract of a small mammal before being harvested?

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that the bean that passes through the digestive tract of a small mammal before being harvested?

No, I heard about that stuff, I let my wife do our coffee. I just coat the beans in dark chocolate first.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
Good luck on your first cup.

Adjust your technique as needed, then you wont need luck.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I am so saddened by this post. Real men drink tea and ride steel.
Jeebus! A tea drinker on RBR? I'm not alone? Really? I'm going out looking for a steel frame tomorrow!!!

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Jeebus! A tea drinker on RBR? I'm not alone? Really? I'm going out looking for a steel frame tomorrow!!!

I buy wholesale and make it in a Keurig that has never seen coffee. 8-10 bucks a pound.

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a process to use the Aeropress. I've relegated it to weekends when I have the time, during the work week I use the automatic drip maker. I've noticed the coffee from the press is definitely smoother and not as bitter. I think it may have more to do with the water temperature than anything. I have to experiment more with the temperatures and the amount of coffee as I've only used it about a half a dozen times.

·
Eddy 53:11
3,165 Posts
Pics or it . . .

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
It's a process to use the Aeropress. I've relegated it to weekends when I have the time
For me it's French press only on the weekend for the same reason. During the week it's this in the morning and tea in the afternoon:

·
hello
3,394 Posts
No gadgets for me. I just let the coarse grounds sink to the bottom of my mug. Then drink.

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I gave it about 45 seconds to steep before I pressed, a bit better this time. Looking forward to next weekend to try again :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts