Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,268 Posts
I loved the guy. Urbane and charming, but with a macho, brutal edge. And who else but Tony could utter the line, "Yondah lies da castle of my faddah." Black Shield of Falworth.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
Don't forget 'The Sweet Smell Of Success', a stone cold classic. Criminally underrated.

·
Registered
959 Posts
don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but he spawned a pretty hawt daughter in jamie lee.

to me, it's not necessarily sad when somebody passes away in their 80s or 90s and they lived a blessed, in this case hollywood, life.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
Cygnus said:
don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but he spawned a pretty hawt daughter in jamie lee.
Yeah, she had great tits didn't she? Well done Tony.:rolleyes:

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Cygnus said:
don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but he spawned a pretty hawt daughter/son in jamie lee.

to me, it's not necessarily sad when somebody passes away in their 80s or 90s and they lived a blessed, in this case hollywood, life.
FIFY. :D

//spreading one baseless internet rumor at a time...

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
I heard a few snippets from his movies this morning on NPR. I'm not generally a fan of older movies and actors/actresses...so many times they seem to be overacting. From the snippets, he sounded like he fit that mold.

It's probably me, though. I'm sure there's a good reason everyone considers them classics.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
Cygnus said:
there was no element of this mammalian context in every one of his films?
I'm Spartacus! And I'm natural!

·
Registered
959 Posts
sir duke said:
I'm Spartacus! And I'm natural!
maybe you're right with that one, i'll need to rewatch, early kubrick-directed film with some good actors.

"do you like gladiator movies bobby?"

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
Cygnus said:
maybe you're right with that one, i'll need to rewatch, early kubrick-directed film with some good actors.

"do you like gladiator movies bobby?"
The man was gold. TC and 'dichotomy', made for each other.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
il sogno said:
I knew this thread would take off once Jamie Lee got mentioned.
TC would probably have approved.

·
Boobies!
8,163 Posts
I heard a pretty great story about Tony Curtis.

I was in Budapest, & visited an amazing synagogue that has been restored. The building is a remarkable combination of Byzantine, Christian and Jewish elements.

(The Hungarians delayed, but eventually collaborated with the Nazis to clear their Jewish quarter--so next to it is a Holocaust memorial...)

TC was of Hungarian-Jewish extraction, and visited when they started the renovation/restoration and according to the guide provided a large part of the money for the restoration project.

Not what you'd expect from a Hollywood legend with a hawt daughter.

·
Banned
7,134 Posts
I agree

lemonlime said:
I heard a few snippets from his movies this morning on NPR. I'm not generally a fan of older movies and actors/actresses...so many times they seem to be overacting. From the snippets, he sounded like he fit that mold.

It's probably me, though. I'm sure there's a good reason everyone considers them classics.
I figured no one would touch upon some conclusions for you, but there are people in this thread and on the forums who could honestly make something out of your statement.

Back on Topic

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Helped JL out at shop, she was great. Her husband produces the Alphonse spots for Radio Shack and was in Austin the last 2 days. He's getting more and more into cycling

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
EverydayRide said:
I figured no one would touch upon some conclusions for you, but there are people in this thread and on the forums who could honestly make something out of your statement.

Back on Topic
You did it again.....:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts