Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
i like whiskey
8,405 Posts
Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance

Get a copy of this book. There is a chapter in there on what tools you will want and in what order. It is broken down into three categories, from part time home wrench through exotic shop mechanic who can fix any problem with any bike ever made.

As one of the other posters mentions, you get what you pay for with tools. Buy the best you can afford at the you need them, take care of them, and you'll never have to buy them again.

FWIW, I'm in the process of updating my toolbox to do some wrenching of my own and I've found that the non-cycling specific tools, i.e. T-handled hex keys, box end wrenches, and a torque wrench, are less expensive if you go with a regular brand, i.e. Craftsman. Now bike-specific stuff like pedal wrenches, crank pullers and chain whips, you'll probably have to get from Park/Pedros.

Another benefit of buying Craftsman is that they have a lifetime warranty. If you mess up a wrench, take it back to any Sears in the world and they'll replace it, no questions asked.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.