Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When going out of the Ergo Era to the present, what special tools will I need to work on the current crop of Campy groups? My current tool set is pretty complete for most standard jobs. Not having owned or worked on the newer groups I'm not sure what I will need.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
The only new tools I needed were T25 and T30 ( that I had already ) and a longer Hex 10 for the Ultra Torque crank.

and the Campagnolo 11 speed chain tool or the Lezyne 11 that works fine and costs a lot less.

·
Lost in Space...
3,434 Posts
The T25 that I already had didn't work... I had to go buy a new torx with longer reach to get the shifters on my bars. I later found a small one that is shaped like a traditional allen wrench that works as well.

My hex-10 bit works with a longer extension that I already had... so no troubles there.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up. Right now the only real specialized tools I have are the cassete/BB wrench and the Veloce BB tool. Both of those are for square taper BB's though. Is there a special tool for the new external cup BB's?

·
Lost in Space...
3,434 Posts
Yes, you will need the UT external bottom bracket tool that you use with a torque wrench.
Handy... but not necessary unless they changed the installation instructions (there were several accepted methods). I just used a strap wrench.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.