Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay to Hijack...The Ardennes are a joy to ride on any surface due to the wider contact pathc. Even better are the recently released HED Kermesse wheels. The Ardennes list price is 1050 for the pair and weigh in at 1376 grams. The Kermesse are a little heavier at 1570 grams but list for $700 for the pair. The rims are the same C2 extrusion and look identical to the Ardennes. I know this because I bought a set for my G/F to replace her stock Mavic Open's on her Felt ZW3. She felt the difference immediately! All in all the Kermesse is the better buy here without a doubt.

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
yup
2,726 Posts
rward325 said:
Okay to Hijack...The Ardennes are a joy to ride on any surface due to the wider contact pathc. Even better are the recently released HED Kermesse wheels. The Ardennes list price is 1050 for the pair and weigh in at 1376 grams. The Kermesse are a little heavier at 1570 grams but list for $700 for the pair. The rims are the same C2 extrusion and look identical to the Ardennes. I know this because I bought a set for my G/F to replace her stock Mavic Open's on her Felt ZW3. She felt the difference immediately! All in all the Kermesse is the better buy here without a doubt.
That's why I was looking at them. Chip seal cracked pavement pot hole gravel on the road hell here in SE Oregon. I will take a look at the Kermesse--- thanks for the tip!

Wow I felt like I was in a real bike forum there for second...

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny thing is I posted pretty much that same thing in a thread in General about wheels for under a grand. Every one paid no attention to any mention of HED wheels there. To many Mavic Addicts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts