Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going sockless with biking shoes since the mid 80's, unless it's cold outside. Even with light coolmax socks my feet are a TON hotter than not wearing any socks at all. If you don't believe me take my little test. The next time you are out on a hot day, go sockless on one foot and leave your sock on the other and report back. A decent quality pair of shoes isn't going to desintegrate from getting a little sweat in them. I've never got a blister from going commando, but you might need a little thicker insole if your shoes are a little big. I double dare.

twinkles

· Frog Whisperer
41,516 Posts
my feet have never noticed that they were hot....and rarely notice that they are cold......the real key is good circulation in the extremities!

That said I often ride short stuff with my mtn bike shoes sockless because they are a bit too small with socks!

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I've tried it, but didn't like it. I had/have good shoes too. My feet never have any heat problems when I'm on the bike. Funny though, during the summer months, I'm almost always barefoot around the house. I just can't stand wearing socks in that environment. Go figure!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.