Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am having a cyclocross frame with top tube cable routing (EM2 tubing) built with full Campy Choros Triple (30-40-50 with 13-26 cassette) for summer commuting. Because Campy does not make a top pull front derailleur my LBS is going to try a Shimano XTR front derailleur. I saw a picture of a Pinarello Cross with full Record and a Deore front derailleur. Mabe it was marketing hype. But maybe it works? All this because I do not want to have to use one of those goofy looking pully gizmos on my seat tube. If this does not work I am prepared to go full Shimano XT with flat bars. What have others done to get around the problem that Campy does not make a top pull front derailleur ?

·
Banned
20 Posts
I'm with you. I like the top routing too and am currently looking at the Fuji Cross Pro. That friggin' pulley drives me nuts though. My local guy says the XTR should work. I repeat should. The Fuji Cross Pro has the Shimao Ultegra setup with TruVativ Elita Crankset. With all I've been reading here maybe I should scrap the plan and build a bike with Campy stuff?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts