Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
You know if you break a spoke on the Topo's, you need to send the whole wheel back to them so they can replace the entire side of the spoke "spider" and send them back to you, right? They are interesting looking wheels and weight wise, competitive with alot of other makers, but from a service perspective, they are up there with Easton in my mind. Proprietary = expensive and time intensive to fix. I'd go for the Zipps or anyone of the slew of other wheels that do not have proprietary parts and can be serviced locally.

·
Banned
8,103 Posts
Why compare zipp 303s and 404s to the 2.0 models?

A better comparison is to the top of the line models from Topolino, the 1110~1120gram 4.0s: http://www.topolinotech.com/products/TopolinoSpecs.pdf

Without much research, I would take 1255 gram zipp 303s over those Topolinos. I think Zipp's aero benefits would outweigh (pardon the pun) the 135 gram weight penalty. And while the Topolinos are 19mm wide, the Zipps are 25+mm wide.
Zipp - Speed Weaponry | Wheels | 303 Firecrest® Tubular

If weight is the primary concern, zipp 202s and the Topolino 4.0s weigh the same.
Zipp - Speed Weaponry | Wheels | 202 Tubular

Which is more aero? (Again, the zipp doesn't have the funky nipples and is much wider.)

I'm not going to claim that zipps are the best wheels around. I just think you should make an apples to apples comparison.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,666 Posts
at least w/ all the other wheels using proprietary parts your local shop can order what's needed and do the work. not w/ these. zipp any day over topolino.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Enve rims with WI hubs over the other 2 wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.