Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in search of a good deal on Gore-Tex winter mountain shoes and was considering popping into the show here in T.O. Wondering if anyone has checked out the show before and if there are deals to be had.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm going for all the BMX aspect of it, alot of events and partying going down... Flying up there at 10am tomorrow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
depends..

depends on what you consider a 'deal'. there are some decent finds at the spring show.... last year i picked up 2 michelin prorace2 clinchers for $40 all in. its also a nice way to kick off the season.

the fall show is an absolute zoo. yes, there are significant discounts to be found there as well, but the stores also try to push out a lot of crap onto the unsuspecting buyer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
$10 Parking + $13 Entrance Fee + Gas to Venue + Lunch etc. etc.

I found that unless you're making a large purchase, it's not worth it. But it is fun to get out and look at bikes you can't afford for a couple hours. :thumbsup: Anything that is at the show you can probably find at your LBS or online for similar pricing. (with some blowout exceptions of course)

·
Registered
77 Posts
just remember that the costs of admission, gas, and parking are constants, not variables - they will be there for the fall show as well. the one-day feeding frenzy, free-for-all attidude is what you'll avoid at the spring show.

went to the show today, and there were some very good deals to be had on road shoes (last year's models) and bikes as well.... i was actually surprised.

if you do opt for the fall show, keep in mind that it is NOT child friendly. i wouldn't recommend bringing young children, and i would totally avoid bringing young children in a stroller.

·
mad11:11one
222 Posts
went on friday......

was able to check out contador's old madone. (pretty small frame?!)

trek had an unreal display that dominated the whole place......:23:
the look 596 looked like a %$#@ing ferrari! very sweet!
wanted to check out bmc and was very impressed.
and picked up a bontrager race x lite carbon blade for 169
worth going 4 me.

u have to hit it early though..... after a day or so it starts to resemble a picked over flea market and the
vendors start getting very very angry....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Jay T said:
$10 Parking + $13 Entrance Fee + Gas to Venue + Lunch etc. etc.

I found that unless you're making a large purchase, it's not worth it. But it is fun to get out and look at bikes you can't afford for a couple hours. :thumbsup: Anything that is at the show you can probably find at your LBS or online for similar pricing. (with some blowout exceptions of course)
It was surprisingly easy to walk in for free. And also surprisingly easy to walk into the "riders only" sections and eat for free.
BMX wise, it was a WILD weekend.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Most of the people I know agree there were no deals this year. Usually there are a few places with bins of stuff they are trying to get rid of, but this year prices were way up...I saw lots of stuff priced HIGHER than retail.

Fortunately someone gave me their parking stub, otherwise it would have been a complete bust.

I think if you are looking for a new bike, and you are a 6'5" woman you are in luck, otherwise the fall show is better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts