273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always have fun checking it out...

27th Annual
Toronto International Bicycle Show

Better Living Centre
Exhibition Place, Toronto, Ontario,

Friday, March 1, 2013 - Noon to 9 P.M.
Saturday, March 2, 2013 - 10 A.M. to 7 P.M.
Sunday, March 3, 2013 - 10 A.M. to 6 P.M.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
I've been thinking about that show all week. Don't know if hubby will want to drive all that way, though. :(

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is this show good? i never been
It's nothing like Interbike/Eurobike where you have every manufacturer showing the lastest/greatest.

If you like bicycles and considering it's Toronto then I guess yeah it's a pretty good show. It was pretty busy the last two years I went.

Toronto International Bicycle Show - BicycleShowToronto.com

There is a Fall show too but that's just bike shops unloading their inventory (it's packed with people).

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have gone the past 2 years and enjoyed it (even got a new bike in 2011 :). I will be there on Saturday from Burlington, ON, looking for shoes and pedals......maybe some new tires or bibs. I love it.

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
I wish there were coupons - the Fall show was $5, $4 with a coupon, this one is $13! $13! This is an outrage! I'm going to write a letter to my member of parliament.
Plus parking. You need to buy about $300 worth of gear, at deep show discounts, to get your money back.

Having said that I'm going. I need red jerseys to go with my new BMC Team Machine, plus a set of handle bars, and brake pads

·
Roadbike Rider
1,260 Posts
I bought two jerseys, some Sugoi RS bibs, a very nice Gore Jacket and some small parts like cleats and CO2. Total spend $425. Everything was 50% off. My wife asked what I spent and then said "sorry I asked". That makes two of us.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I almost bought a 2011 Trek 5.9 (which was built to a 5.2, they said), but dithered for about 45 minutes. Then when I was ready to buy it, someone else came along, looked it over for half an hour, and after I'd said "if that person doesn't buy it, I'll buy it", he bought it for his son. It was an outstanding buy if you wanted to spend that kind of money. If I was more decisive, I would have bought that bike. Instead I just got an Opus because I didn't like the Apex on the 3.1 they had.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
I almost bought a 2011 Trek 5.9 (which was built to a 5.2, they said), but dithered for about 45 minutes. Then when I was ready to buy it, someone else came along, looked it over for half an hour, and after I'd said "if that person doesn't buy it, I'll buy it", he bought it for his son. It was an outstanding buy if you wanted to spend that kind of money. If I was more decisive, I would have bought that bike. Instead I just got an Opus because I didn't like the Apex on the 3.1 they had.
Which Opus? I have one and am pretty happy with it.

I would love to go, wish I had a biker friend from Kingston that wanted to go.:sad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great to see a NEW brand from Italy called Sarto! 100% made in Italy. std or custom frames! hooked up with Retul 3d fit system! fit b4 you buy! Great concept from a shop called Spinkicks Cycle & Fitness near Vaughan Ontario!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I'm planning to go to the Fall show this Saturday... anyone else going?
Toronto Bicycle Fall Blowout Sale

A once-a-year,
seven-hour sales blitz
Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 10 A.M. to 5 P.M.

Direct Energy Centre
East Annex, Hall F, Door 33
North entrance next to
Ricoh Coliseum (Hockey Arena)
Exhibition Place
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Admission: $5.00. Children 5 and under are free.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It was a zoo in there.

I almost bought a Madone 4.5, a Tarmac, and a Focus. Instead I got a pair of full-finger gloves. I almost bought a helmet for $30, but I forgot where they were and were probably gone by the time I went by again.

The bike show is the place if you're buying a whole bike, but for anything else, it's usually better to find almost any accessory at MEC for actually the same or less money than even the bike show. Plus, they have a nice Ghost bike for $1900 I almost bought too.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
It was a zoo in there.

I almost bought a Madone 4.5, a Tarmac, and a Focus. Instead I got a pair of full-finger gloves. I almost bought a helmet for $30, but I forgot where they were and were probably gone by the time I went by again.

The bike show is the place if you're buying a whole bike, but for anything else, it's usually better to find almost any accessory at MEC for actually the same or less money than even the bike show. Plus, they have a nice Ghost bike for $1900 I almost bought too.
Wow, sounds like you saved 1000's of $$$$s by not buying a bunch of bikes you didn't need. :p.

Hope the gloves work well for you.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Wow, sounds like you saved 1000's of $$$$s by not buying a bunch of bikes you didn't need. :p.

Hope the gloves work well for you.
I might have needed that Madone, because zombies will not attack while you're on a Madone. Right?

The gloves have already proven themselves today in the 6C weather, which surrounded the winding downhill MUT that was covered in leaves and water :)

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Three of my co-workers were going to head to the show this weekend, but backed out at the last minute. They were looking for cross bikes and didn't think they would have found any deals there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.