Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see this year's ride up the DVP is Sunday June the 4th. I did it last year & plan on riding it again this summer. Any other participants on here?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've wanted to do the ride for a few years now, but haven't ever been able to. The schedule looks clear this year and I am definitely looking forward to it.
I do have a few questions though. How would a guy from Whitby get there and home afterwards, I haven't really looked into it yet but that's got me wondering and how crowded is it draws a lot of people so I was wondering what the riding will be like.
Ted

·
Registered
173 Posts
i rode it last year, and i'll be doing it again this year! dont bother with the 50km route, it's much too short and there's way too much traffic! it's worse than the DVP in rush hour!

traffic is also bad on the way out... took me a longggggg time to get back home. best thing is probably park by a subway station and ttc back to your car

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The TTC is 1 way to do it. Remember that the GO service on Sundays isn't early enough to be practical.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it was a good day & it never rained. The slicks I put on made a big difference from last year's ride.

One problem I do have & a lot of folks would probably agree is that the left hand lane on the Gardiner should be for the faster riders. For the most part, families w/ smallers bikers usually stayed to the right, but several times I caught up to pairs of riders in the left lane just puttering along talking to each other. Roadies were trying to get by the guys, but there was only a couple of feet between the slowpokes & the cement median.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts