Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought a new frame with carbon seat and chain stays. I also have a carbon seat post and steering tube. I am ready to start installing all the various components and am trying to find comprehensive guidance on the appropriate torque levels for all the various components, nuts and bolts (i.e., from the bottom bracket to the brake calipers, front and rear deraileurs, etc). Any suggestions or info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

· Still On Steel
2,396 Posts
The Park Tool web site is your friend.

An excellent place to start is the Park Tool web site. They have a comprehensive torque values chart, here. Also available as a PDF download.

The same site also contains a lot of step-by-step, component-specific tutorials. With this web site and a copy of Zinn's book, you should have pretty much all the info you'll ever need.

· Registered
2,699 Posts
RoadLoad said:
I've bought a new frame with carbon seat and chain stays. I also have a carbon seat post and steering tube. I am ready to start installing all the various components and am trying to find comprehensive guidance on the appropriate torque levels for all the various components, nuts and bolts (i.e., from the bottom bracket to the brake calipers, front and rear deraileurs, etc). Any suggestions or info would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Most quality parts manufacturers give torque settings in the instructions supplied in the box.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. The Park Website is great! One question, is there any difference in the torque levels if the component is being tightened onto a carbon frame or component (for example a brake caliper onto a carbon seat stay or a handlebar stem onto a carbon steering tube)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.