Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
goodbye fraudriguez
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's good to hear that not everyone is on the west coast. I will be on a 5900 SL and should have on my West Virginia jersey (at least the first day). Hope to see you all there!

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,434 Posts
Have fun in the cold, the rain, the sleet

..the locusts, the high winds, the herds of frogs, etc.....

I've done TOSRV the last five years in a row. This year, at my wife's request, I'm taking a pass. I do wonder why I did it all those years....the weather always sucks. I've had beautiful days, followed by horizontal rain, days with sleet, high winds, lightening....the frogs and locusts should hit about this year.

To top it off, I've always had bad luck on the ride with mechanicals. Then every Father's Day I feel like I can take a long ride - as long as I want since I'm the father - but I always have some sort of problem then too. I think my wife puts a hex or voodoo curse on my solo Fathers day ride since I missed her on Mother's Day due to TOSRV. Between TOSRV and the last five Father's Days, I've broken one frame, cracked two rims, had several popped spokes, and crashed. Coincidence?? I think not !! That's a lot of misfortune for ten riding days.

The conclusion is this: Don't ride your bike on your wife's special day or bad mojo will get you later.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not this year, not in condition for it yet. Next year though, I'll be there. Coming from OSU so I might just ride to the start. You guys have fun, see you next year.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,854 Posts
Bad Luck Charm

PaulCL said:
..the locusts, the high winds, the herds of frogs, etc.....
....the weather always sucks....
Blame my son. Every year he has went with me over the last ten years there has always been rain at least one day along with other weather maladies. Good call skipping this year because my kid is going once again. Maybe I will get lucky and he will take off really fast at the beginning and the black cloud of doom will hover over him as my wife and I ride our tandem in the sun well behind him.

Look for my wife and I on our silver Santana tandem. My son will be trying to drop dad early in the day, he will be on the black Six-13 with cats, dogs and other wildlife swirling about him in the wind beneath the black cloud as he hammers along to be the first in Portsmouth.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
If you take out the first two hours, last year's weather was downright great for TOSRV. With the way the weather has been for the last 6 weeks, I actually think we could get very lucky and have two days of nice weather.

Because of the mother's day thing, I'm only doing Saturday this year. My wife is also starting to get a bit peeved about me being gone on that day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.