Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the last 6 days I have ridden over 134 miles (following up almost 600 miles on the rollers for the past few months). This is during the 3rd week in February IN WISCONSIN!!!!!

Thanks global warming.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah nice!

We've had some great riding weather here in PA as well. I had a nice ride Saturday with few friends. Did 63 miles with temps in the mid to high 60's.

And took the time for a short ride last evening on the trail.

Brown Branch Natural landscape Sunlight Twig

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Back at work today but about 100 miles in the previous 4 days. About 250 so far this month whereas my best Feb over the past 7 or 8 years was 160 miles. Got 200 in January.

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Got a nice ride in Sunday, I'm taking a few hours off today to ride the new to me fat bike. Don't worry TOG your nice weather is coming to an end quickly :)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I bought Lake 303s before this winter and never wore them.

Meanwhile, my employer owns apartment communities in Chicagoland and the weather has been a boon. This is from March 2014, after they had spent the winter relocating snow with a skidsteer and the manager wanted to start a pool on when it would melt.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
I particularly enjoyed the deep layer of salty sand to the side of the main lane.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
We've had a couple of unseasonably warm stretches this winter including one that's just winding down now. It even rained all day on Monday. Supposed to start chilling down again starting tonight but it allowed quite a bit of snow to melt. Unfortunately, that just means that a lot of areas are somewhat similar to a bobsled run now because it hasn't been enough to get rid of the ice. The past couple days, it's taken me so much longer to walk to work without hitting the ground that I seriously considered taking the car. No way I'm getting on it on a bike, I can't afford time off work healing whatever breaks when I bounce off the ground.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We've had a couple of unseasonably warm stretches this winter including one that's just winding down now. It even rained all day on Monday. Supposed to start chilling down again starting tonight but it allowed quite a bit of snow to melt. Unfortunately, that just means that a lot of areas are somewhat similar to a bobsled run now because it hasn't been enough to get rid of the ice. The past couple days, it's taken me so much longer to walk to work without hitting the ground that I seriously considered taking the car. No way I'm getting on it on a bike, I can't afford time off work healing whatever breaks when I bounce off the ground.
for reference "sticking your landing" does NOT make it better!

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
Something like this'll help.

https://www.amazon.com/Carryon-Grip...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GA2Y6VV8P0FQ6CFF0XMN

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
20 miles on gravel on the fat bike last night. then there is this which will affect TOG as well I assume:

... BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 AM CST SATURDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LA CROSSE HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 AM CST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WARNING IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. * EXPECT A WINTRY MIX TO DEVELOP THIS EVENING, TRANSITIONING TO ALL SNOW OVERNIGHT. THIS SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY AFTER MIDNIGHT. * TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT IN THE 10 TO 16 INCH RANGE. SNOW RATES UP TO 2 INCHES AN HOUR AT TIMES ALSO POSSIBLE IN THUNDERSNOW. * SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING WITH SOME WHITEOUTS ALSO LIKELY, ESPECIALLY IN OPEN AND UNSHELTERED AREAS. * TRAVEL WILL LIKELY BECOME DANGEROUS. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT CONDITIONS... MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. DO NOT TRAVEL. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED... STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE. &&

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
Rain has been nuts in California which has been great for helping to end the drought but weird for cycling... some days great and very pretty with extra greenery, but then torrential rains and various popular cycling roads being washed away and closed indefinitely...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts