Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am new to road bikes but not bikes in general so I generally do all my own maintenance. Well, I just realized how easy it is to adjust the toe-in on my brakes today. I had no idea how simple it was. None.

Im assuming that all brake pad holders have the ability to adjust the toe-in?

For those that are struggling with it, loosen the brake pad holder and you can slide them back and forth on the bolt. That changes the angle at which they attack the rim.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,673 Posts
Well, I am new to road bikes but not bikes in general so I generally do all my own maintenance. Well, I just realized how easy it is to adjust the toe-in on my brakes today. I had no idea how simple it was. None.

For those that are struggling with it, loosen the brake pad holder and you can slide them back and forth on the bolt. That changes the angle at which they attack the rim.
road brakes don't need to be toed. it just reduces the amount of pad in contact w/ the rim and they wear faster.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you have to toe them in put a business card at the back of the pad then pinch the brakes down against the rim and tighten to bolts with the brakes compressed. Any more toe in than that is unnecessary.

·
Registered
21,727 Posts

Many, but not all road bike brakes have easily adjusted toe-in. Whether you need it or not is another question. The brake pads wear and the toe-in is eliminated yet the brakes keep working just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.