Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rat bastard decided that she didnt want me there anymore. Her reason? Im not enthusiastic enough about my job. The fact that I hated my job never got in the way of me being one of the best and most dedicated employees at the agency.

Oh well. Downside is maybe i wont be getting that pair of Easton CX forks anyway.

signed,
jobless in sacramento
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,194 Posts
Nice! You can pretend you're a pro and train all day for a couple months. You'll have a great road season, if you can afford to take the time off... That's what I'm doing! Work is for suckers!
 

·
100% torqued
Joined
·
766 Posts
Funny and...

True. Too true. The reverse of those two often make you slower and add pounds.

Have a good ride for me.

Zank, I am saving dead presidents. I need one of your fine lugged rigs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gripped said:
So you going to be moving to Portland earlier now?

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Gripped---yeah my gf and I talked about it, however, shes into a lease until July...boo.

jb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Don't for get...

Howzitbroke said:
True. Too true. The reverse of those two often make you slower and add pounds.
having a kid...

I seem to be getting slower and fatter everyday.

Back on topic:
Sorry about the job loss. If you really hated your job, I guess this is your catalyst to find something new...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Ha ha ha ha ha. Try having 3 kids!!!!!

I'm just all blubber now -and drinking and driver offenders on Huffys pass by me regularly, Marlboro Light cigarette smoke trailing behind them as they overtake me. I'll need a 42 spoke wheelset and rocket assist at the rate I'm going...... Mind you, admittedly, I was never ever fast to start with anyway, so I guess it's all relative.

JeremyB, sorry to hear about your job; I hope all works out for the best in the end.

anthony_coley said:
having a kid...

I seem to be getting slower and fatter everyday.

Back on topic:
Sorry about the job loss. If you really hated your job, I guess this is your catalyst to find something new...
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,013 Posts
my sympathies

oh well,maybe you'll find a gig you actually like. my kid only slowed me down for her first year. she's 2 and a half now and pops has his legs back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
I'm in the Sac area also..

jeremyb said:
Rat bastard decided that she didnt want me there anymore. Her reason? Im not enthusiastic enough about my job. The fact that I hated my job never got in the way of me being one of the best and most dedicated employees at the agency.
Just wondering, who is the "Rat Bastard" or "Rat Bastard Company" that let you go?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mtbnutty said:
Just wondering, who is the "Rat Bastard" or "Rat Bastard Company" that let you go?
InAlliance, her name is Donna Bettencourt.

Its a non-profit company, fairly small.

since ive been there, ive got so much dirt about the company I might have to do something with all that info. Maybe the Sac News and Review is having a slow week and needs a story?

jb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
Sucks now, it'll work out for the best

I got fired once- boss was an alcoholic and the director of Engineering was dyslexic and could not interpret graphs or charts... it sucked when I got fired, but in just a few weeks everything got much better and I was thinking "what the HELL was I wasting my time THERE for?" The place was so bad, I got brownie points at an interview when they asked me why I left I just said "I got fired." "Hey, we know Jimmy and he's an idiot- if he fired you, we definately want you to interview in round 2!" Not kidding, and I got the job.

So hang in there. Do what you need (the job hunt thing) and RIDE A LOT. It helps.

'meat
 

·
More Cowbell!
Joined
·
4,832 Posts
jeremyb said:
Gripped---yeah my gf and I talked about it, however, shes into a lease until July...boo.
Check with the rental company and find out whether there is a fee for breaking a lease. Usually you can negotiate a lower (or no) sum if you can deomstrate some kind of hardship like loss of job and need to move to another job.
 

·
lung lacking loser
Joined
·
270 Posts
A little HR lesson

jeremyb said:
Her reason? Im not enthusiastic enough about my job. The fact that I hated my job never got in the way of me being one of the best and most dedicated employees at the agency.
Is CA an "at will" state? Some states allow companies to fire employees without cause (which seems to be the case for you), while others don't. If CA is not an at will state, then you may actually have the grounds for a wrongful dismissal. Don't know if you care to pursue it but as long as

-you can show evidence of good work/ lack of record of poor perfomance
-no "marks on your record" for insubordination or the like
-didn't set the building on fire when you left

then your former employer doesn't really have grounds to terminate your employment "at will."

Now, this is all from memory and my HR knowledge on this might be a bit fuzzy (almost 2yrs since I finished grad school), so I would check with someone locally first. Even if you don't want the job back, it might mean a better severance package (ie. maybe you could get one of those forks afterall).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
jeremyb said:
InAlliance, her name is Donna Bettencourt.

Its a non-profit company, fairly small.

since ive been there, ive got so much dirt about the company I might have to do something with all that info. Maybe the Sac News and Review is having a slow week and needs a story?

jb
JB-

I feel your pain, but unless you got some nuclear war, "milions of $$$ in jury awards" dirt- you have to let it go. It may not be right, but whistle blowers are not at the top of the new hiring list at most companies.
Hard to see now, but this could be positive for you. Look at it this way. What would things be like if you wasted more years of your life in what sounds like a dead-end job?

Take some time to ride... to think about where you want to go .
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top