Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden the new saddle called the "Toupe" by Specialized? I am interested in reviews and comments from long distance riders (100 miles). This saddle apparently is designed for men but since I am female, I am most curious to hear reviews from women but will also like to hear from long distance male riders.

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ride a Toupe. I'm a guy, so I can't speak for females, but here's what I can say:

I like the Toupe, and have been very happy with it.

I upgraded to the Toupe from the Alias, which was also a good saddle. The Toupe 143 installed well, and was very minutely adjustable. It felt harder than the Alias at the start, and I think it does have some breaking in (either it did, or I did).

It's really light, it works comfortably and with no numbness, and it's been good for me for about 3000+ miles in the 6 months since I got it. It is durable, and shows no signs of wear. Some posters have complained about non-carbon-fiber-everything, but I haven't seen anything that's needed carbon fiber in the use of it.

All in all I can't be more pleased. I've been very pleased with Specialized products, and have no complaints whatsoever with the Toupe.

·
Just one more switchback
237 Posts
Love it

I love mine. I had a Selle Italia SLK and liked it a lot but wanted something different. I bought a SLR and liked it a lot for the first year and then started having "issues" with it. It started during a long flat ride when I was out of town but kept giving me problems even when I was back home in the hills. So I tried the Toupee at a friends suggestion. Took about four rides to get it set just right and I love it. Longest ride to date on it is 89 miles and was comfortable to entire time. Now I am contemplating getting one for the mtb,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts