Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Darling of The Lounge
5,336 Posts
The Tour organizers should allow the riders smoke pot during the race. That way, they'll be less prone to toss all that extra food away in their bidons.

Frankly, I think we fans have seen doped riders race for so long we have fogotten what real racing is suppose to look like.

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
isnt it better when they try to attack and have to sit back down? reminds me of me. and that they are human. watching ricco go off like that, the first thing my wife said was, "he's doping." i like it when i dont have to guess if they are on anything.

maybe they should have a doping tour. like that old snl skit, "the steroid olympics."

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
footballcat said:
The tour is boring when they kids are not on drugs. You dont see any good attacks, you just see the guys trying to get up the side of the hill.

Let the drugs in, and whatever happens happens.
Why not just watch a video game? - TF

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
SilasCL said:
We need more of Riis attacking the Hautacam like it's a flat sprint:
If Riis' hematocrit level was really 60% as it is often claimed, then his blood must have had the viscosity of refrigerated molasses. I don't about the rest of you but I would've been scared sh!tless.

·
Registered
429 Posts
MG537 said:
If Riis' hematocrit level was really 60% as it is often claimed, then his blood must have had the viscosity of refrigerated molasses. I don't about the rest of you but I would've been scared sh!tless.
That was Genevieve Jeanson's reaction when she got a 55% result.

-ilan

·
Banned
14,487 Posts
Retro Grouch said:
Frankly, I think we fans have seen doped riders race for so long we have fogotten what real racing is suppose to look like.
I've been thinking this very thing. Amazing how different the sheer visual of the race is.

·
Ron&Fez XM202/Sirius197
485 Posts
mmoose said:
Don't watch it then. Turn your tv to WWE and watch that (while they are still alive).
-------------------------
Sad thing is WWE is doing a better job of protecting their sport than cycling is. If a wrestler fails a drug test, he is suspended privately(fake injury). No big media stuff that casts blackeye on their sport. (A wrestler murders his wife and child and they are still doing ok). Granted their drug use doesn't change the outcome of the matches, so its really apples to oranges.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
T-Doc said:
Personally, I think race is much more interesting when done by clean riders, but I'm weird like that.
I still like watching on my DVDs the doped up version of pro cycling -- e.g., Marco Pantani attacking up a 10% climb out of the saddle in the drops, Lance counter-attacking, Lance leading GC by 12 minutes, etc., a pre-Operacion Puerto Alejandro Valverde outsprinting Lance at the summit finish of Courchevel in 2005. A lot like professional wrestling -- VERY entertaining. :rolleyes:

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
fornaca68 said:
I still like watching on my DVDs the doped up version of pro cycling -- e.g., Marco Pantani attacking up a 10% climb out of the saddle in the drops, Lance counter-attacking, Lance leading GC by 12 minutes, etc., a pre-Operacion Puerto Alejandro Valverde outsprinting Lance at the summit finish of Courchevel in 2005. A lot like professional wrestling -- VERY entertaining. :rolleyes:
Yeah! Like Hulk Hogan getting double teamed by the heels, but somewhere, somehow he finds the energy to body slam the first and leg drop the second and cover hiom up for the 3 count.
Watcha gonna do, when Hulkamania runs wild on you!

That sort of sounds like many top level pro sports, doesn't it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.