Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Memorial Day the Memphis Hightailers Bicycle Club held the Tour d LaGrange. About 100 riders showed up to enjoy the countryside east of Memphis starting in Moscow, TN on 40 and 50 mile routes. Leaving Moscow, the route went north through Williston, east to Grand Junction, south to LaGrange and the ghost river section of the Wolfe River and back to Moscow. The route just brushes the Ames Plantation, which is the home of the National Field Trial Championships (bird dog trials). LaGrange dates from the early 1800’s. At that time, LaGrange had the reputation of being the wealthiest and most cultured town in the south. The Wolfe River is known as the ghost river south of Moscow and LaGrange because it has so many channels that just disappear into the cypress swamp. The first pictures of are the start in Moscow and the lush green of the countryside and the horse farms from Moscow to Williston.
http://memphishightailers.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=0&club_id=631861

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first sag in Williston
2 Nags tied to a tree
More green roads
Comming into LaGrange

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,130 Posts
great pics of our roads. i've cross-posted this in Teh Lounge forum.

we need to ride together sometime. i'm sure you've heard of my ill-fated cycling career.

etc. and like that.

HTH.

·
here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
J's, I need that white house so I can restore and live in it in all its glory. Please send me the address. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.