Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have not done it recently, but I have ridden it several times in the past when there was a 50 or 75 mile option. This is a very challenging ride. The 50 miler used to take me close to 4 hours. There used to be a really scary descent about 25 miles into the 50. There was also a really long climb - about 10 miles. I don't know if these are still part of the course, but any where you ride in that area will include lots of climbing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's a local ride for me but this year I will not be able to attend. It's a great ride. The 100 mile route is very challenging but the metric is also difficult. I like the metric this time of year and the route is on small low traffic roads with great climbs (steep!) I believe there is about 7000' of climbing on the metric, which is no bull. This years ride has been moved to May 2 due to the traditional date in April being Easter Sunday. That should also help with warmer weather. The April date often came with a chance of snow. Great food after the ride too! Go do it and write up a report when you get back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.