Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I needed a little coffee shop run today after RAMROD on Thursday. Jumped on the Kogswell fixed gear and made the ride over to Gasworks Park for Tour de Fat. I didn't get to stay too long, but I sure wanted to. They had a slow bike race and I really thought I could be in the running, but I had to get across the bridge before they closed it for SeaFair and the Blue Angels. Busy weekend for Seattle.

· Registered
783 Posts
Very cool. Love your fixie. I need to start riding my fixie more. Too bad the sun wasn't out. But thats Seattle 2:pM and it is just starting to break thru the clouds.
How was Ramrod hope all went smooth.
Sea Fair is such a Cluster you know what. Thursday coming back from Olympia I-5 north we were backed up almost to the 405 just a major cluster with the Blue Angels practicing I should have know better. Sitting in traffic right at Boeing field and next thing Blue Angles come buzzing by with some pretty cool maneuvers.
Anyways looks like you had a great time

Ray Still

· Lizzie will ride free
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bag is a carradice Pendel or Barley. I forget. I got it from Wallingford bikes as they are just about the nicest guys on the planet. I also have one that is bigger that is called a Nelson Longflap. That one is huge. You know I really like having reasonable bags on my bikes now; it just makes them so much more utilitarian.

Ramrod was great. The weather turned out to be perfect even though Seattle had rain. I had a good day on the mountain as I had been having some cramping problems recently, but I got that sorted out. It really made my day to have a good ride in the hills.

I would highly recommend going to a tour day fat if you have the chance. Such a good vibe.

· Premium Member
20,696 Posts
JP said:
You know I really like having reasonable bags on my bikes now; it just makes them so much more utilitarian.

I'm rapidily coming to that conclusion. I have front and rear bags on my Panasonic and I really like it.

and +1 on Wallingford.. I just bought some Schwable Marathon Surpreme tires from them...I love these tires...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.