(Reuters) - German Andre Greipel put one over bitter rival and former team mate Mark Cavendish by securing a maiden Tour de France stage win at the expense of the Manxman on Tuesday.
Stage 10 Results
1. André Greipel Omega Pharma-Lotto - 3:31:21
2. Mark Cavendish HTC-Highroad
3. Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil Movistar Team
4. Thor Hushovd Team Garmin-Cervelo
5. Romain Feillu Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team
6. Daniel Oss Liquigas-Cannondale
7. Sébastien Hinault AG2R La Mondiale
8. Borut Bozic Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team
9. Geraint Thomas Sky Procycling
10. Samuel Dumoulin Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne
General classification after Stage 10
1. Thomas Voeckler Team Europcar - 42:06:32
2. Luis Leon Sanchez Gil Rabobank Cycling Team - 0:01:49
3. Cadel Evans BMC Racing Team - 0:02:26
4. Fränk Schleck Leopard Trek - 0:02:29
5. Andy Schleck Leopard Trek - 0:02:37
6. Tony Martin HTC-Highroad - 0:02:38
7. Peter Velits HTC-Highroad
8. Andreas Klöden Team RadioShack - 0:02:43
9. Philippe Gilbert Omega Pharma-Lotto - 0:02:55
10. Jakob Fuglsang Leopard Trek - 0:03:08
Full results here..
Links to news sites...
"Greipel wins Tour de France 10th stage
By Justin Davis (AFP)
CARMAUX, France - German Andre Greipel finally put paid to years of playing second fiddle to Mark Cavendish when he beat the British sprinter to claim his maiden stage win on the Tour de France Tuesday.
Frenchman Thomas Voeckler, of Europcar, retained the race leader's yellow jersey by 1min 49sec on Spaniard Luis Leon Sanchez as the peloton moved out the Massif Central on the 158km 10th stage between Aurillac and Carmaux.
It was one of the few remaining sprint finishes remaining, and Greipel took full advantage of Cavendish losing his formidable sprint 'train' in the final kilometres.
As the finish line came into view HTC-Highroad sprinter Cavendish emerged from the wheel of Liquigas sprinter Daniel Oss to attack on his own." Read more from AFP...
"Greipel outsprints Cavendish for maiden Tour win
(CNN) -- Germany's Andre Greipel denied arch-rival Mark Cavendish his third stage win of this year's Tour de France as he outsprinted him Tuesday for his maiden victory in cycling's premier race.
Greipel, a former teammate of Cavendish at HTC Columbia, surprised sprinting's undisputed king with a late burst to edge ahead on the line after the 158km 10th stage from between Aurillac and Carmaux.
France's Thomas Voeckler of the Europcar team kept the race leader's yellow jersey, leading Spaniard Luis Leon Sanchez of Rabobank by one minute 49 seconds." Read more from CNN International...
Photos by CorVos