</a>
Click Here

(Reuters) - Edvald Boasson-Hagen, one of only two Norwegian riders at the start, snatched a fourth Tour de France stage victory for his country when he won the 179-km 17th stage from Gap on Wednesday.

Following his success in the sixth stage in Lisieux, and fellow countryman Thor Hushovd's trailblazing rides during stages 13 and 16, Boasson-Hagen made sure Norway enjoyed another day of celebration thanks to his astute tactics.

The 24-year-old took part in the decisive 14-man breakaway and went on his own in the climb overlooking Pinerolo to cross the line first. Wednesday's ride helped to heal some sore wounds for Boasson-Hagen as he had been beaten on the line by Hushovd just 24 hours earlier.

Stage 17 Results
1. Edvald Boasson Hagen Sky Procycling - 4:18:00
2. Bauke Mollema Rabobank Cycling Team - 0:00:40
3. Sandy Casar FDJ - 0:00:50
4. Julien El Fares Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne
5. Sylvain Chavanel Quickstep Cycling Team
6. Dmitriy Fofonov Pro Team Astana - 0:01:10
7. Maciej Paterski Liquigas-Cannondale
8. Dmitriy Muravyev Team RadioShack
9. Jonathan Hivert Saur - Sojasun - 0:01:15
10. Borut Bozic Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team - 0:02:20

General classification after Stage 17
1. Thomas Voeckler Team Europcar - 73:23:49
2. Cadel Evans BMC Racing Team - 0:01:18
3. Fränk Schleck Leopard Trek - 0:01:22
4. Andy Schleck Leopard Trek - 0:02:36
5. Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez Euskaltel-Euskadi - 0:02:59
6. Alberto Contador Velasco Saxo Bank Sungard - 0:03:15
7. Damiano Cunego Lampre - ISD - 0:03:34
8. Ivan Basso Liquigas-Cannondale - 0:03:49
9. Thomas Danielson Team Garmin-Cervelo - 0:06:04
10. Rigoberto Uran Uran Sky Procycling - 0:07:36

Full results here..

Jersey Standings:
maillotjaune.gif
Thomas Voeckler
maillotvert.gif
Mark Cavendish
maillotapois.gif
Jelle Vanendert
maillotblanc.gif
Rigoberto Uran

Links to news sites...

"Voeckler still in yellow as Contador attacks again on Tour
By Justin Davis (AFP)

PINEROLO, Italy - Luxembourg's Schleck brothers Andy and Frank soaked up a late attack from yellow jersey rival Alberto Contador as the Tour de France moved a step closer to the final two mountain stages Wednesday.

Europcar leader Thomas Voeckler avoided two late crashes in the hectic finale of the 17th stage, won by Edvald Boasson Hagen of Team Sky, to keep a hold of the race leader's yellow jersey ahead of two mountaintop finishes in the Alps.
But during a dramatic finale on the tricky 8km descent to the finish from the Col de Pramartino the Frenchman gave up 27secs to his rivals as he flirted with disaster three times.

As Boasson Hagen celebrated his second victory of this year's Tour, Voeckler lost 27secs to a nine-man group which contained the Schleck brothers Andy and Frank as well as Contador, Samuel Sanchez and Australian Cadel Evans.
"Mountain biking is not my speciality!" said Voeckler, who on the third near-miss misjudged a bend and ended up in the courtyard of a house.

"I left the road three times and the third time I was lucky. If there had been a wall in front of me, I wouldn't have had time to stop." Read more from AFP...

"Boasson Hagen wins stage as Voeckler holds on

(CNN) -- Norway's Edvald Boasson Hagen has won the 179km 17th stage of the Tour de France from Gap to Pinerolo in Italy, with Thomas Voeckler hanging onto his race leader's yellow jersey despite veering off the road in a dramatic descent to the finish.

Boasson Hagen, who won the sixth stage of the race as well as narrowly losing out to compatriot Thor Hushovd in Tuesday's 16th stage, attacked his rivals on the final climb of the day -- the Cote de Pramartino -- before extending his advantage on the tricky downhill to the line.

The Team Sky rider, who was part of the day's 14-man breakaway group that formed at 58km, came home 40 seconds clear of Dutchman Bauke Mollema to give Norway their fourth stage victory after Hushovd's triumphs in stage 13 and stage 16." Read more from CNN International...

Photos by CorVos