Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'll be in France in July in time for the final stage of the Tour.
Anyone know what time the riders usually arrive?
I've got someone in Paris to save me a spot but I'll be in Avignon and need to know what time to catch the train.
I think train tickets go on sale in a few weeks.

Thanks.

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
bleed_oil said:
Hi there,

I'll be in France in July in time for the final stage of the Tour.
Anyone know what time the riders usually arrive?
I've got someone in Paris to save me a spot but I'll be in Avignon and need to know what time to catch the train.
I think train tickets go on sale in a few weeks.

Thanks.
This thread is mega-old, but just in case it's still relevant:

1) I would try to get to Paris right after lunch, but il sogno is about right as far as the riders' arrival. Even if you have a place saved, it's really slow getting around on that afternoon and you want lots of cushion. If you take a TGV you will probably get off at Gare de Lyon, and that's a really long ways from the action. Gotta keep a heads-up for transport strikes too: they tend to do it on big-event days to get the most attention.

2) If you haven't already, get that train ticket asap!! Both TGV and slow train tix can be bought up to a year in advance at sncf.com. I think it is available in decent English if you click on the little Union Jack in the corner, but if you need any help PM me; sncf is a public company and is thus obliged by French custom to be obfuscating and hard to use:).

...But you probably have this all straightened out already. Kickass time to be in Paris, and France in general...where else are you staying?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts