Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Kim Kirchen might be a Green Jersey threat. He can definitely climb better than the typical Maillot Vert suspects, and his good placings on stage 1 and 2 have really helped set the foundation.

As for stage 2, that was a tough drag up to the finish. Not quite selective enough for someone like Ricco to have been able to compete.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Einstruzende said:
Kim Kirchen might be a Green Jersey threat. He can definitely climb better than the typical Maillot Vert suspects, and his good placings on stage 1 and 2 have really helped set the foundation.

As for stage 2, that was a tough drag up to the finish. Not quite selective enough for someone like Ricco to have been able to compete.

He's definitely done well early, but his team isn't even going to be helping him on the true sprinter stages. They'll be setting up Cavendish.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
justinb said:
He's definitely done well early, but his team isn't even going to be helping him on the true sprinter stages. They'll be setting up Cavendish.
Sure, but as long as he sits top 20 for the few pure sprint stages, he still gathers points. It's just a thought. I think Hushovd is going to win it.

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,301 Posts
wow. thrilling finish

i just got back from being the chaperone of some teens at vans warped tour.

i got to watch the last hour of stage 2 broadcast on versus.
stage two was awesome.

the road was scary coming up to the finish, plus wind, rain, uphill.
you would really have to know the finish to manage it - a lot could have happened in the last few kilometers. The one crash that did happen was at the back but could have been anywhere in the peleton.

I thought for a second that Valverde was gonna get it again if he could only get his team to stay on top of the peleton. but at the end, no one could touch thor. the overhead view showed thor just leave the rest standing (relatively) still.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.