Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't decide whether to put this here, or in racing (where I never hang about), or in the lounge. There are photos and it is sort of a ride report (well, I didn't ride, so maybe not) and I decided to put it here.

Fun crit every summer in Gastown, Vancouver, BC. 50 laps of the 1.2 km course, about half on the brick pavers of Gastown. Last year it rained and it was slick. Perfect conditions tonight, I only saw one crash. Something like 40, 000 spectators, about half of whom commuted to the race by bike (see, I knew I could figure out a way to shoehorn it into this forum...).

I only have a little P&S digital, so couldn't capture the action properly, though I did take a pic or two of the hordes of bikes lined up everywhere, including the very fetching yellow number below.

By the way: Chris Horner was racing but the local team Symmetrics, were not very good hosts. They kept attacking the field and made Horner try to pull the bunch back by himself. Then with about ten laps to go, the Canadian time trial champ, Svein Tuft, took off, got about 15 seconds and held on until the last lap, when the bunch (led by Horner) finally caught him. Unfortunately for him, there were three Symmetrics riders right at the front and one, Andrew Penfold, charged out for the sprint win.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Photos

OK, I have no idea why the photos did not post, so here we go again.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
something

terribly wrong. I have posted photos lots of times and have no idea why this is not working. I will try later.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deniz said:
not to highjack this thread or anything, but i took some photos and they can be seen at www.flickr.com/photos/denizm
It was a great race!
Go ahead and Hijack - have no idea why my photos won't post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.