Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· I heart team Zissou!
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From cyclingnews.com:

<i>Several sources indicate that the official information on the 58 (or 56) riders implicated in the scandal will be available by Friday, June 30, at 9.30am European time, when the Spanish judge will release the investigation documents, already believed to have been handed out to the Spanish minister for Sport, Jaime Lissavetzky. Of those named, a total of 22 cyclists are rumoured to be on the Tour de France start list. "Those riders named in the dossier will not be allowed to start," said Patrick Lefévère, president of the professional team's association AIGCP and manager of team Quick.Step.</i>

It's not just ASO tilting at windmills anymore -- looks like the AIGPC is taking a stand... how about the UCI?? If Ulricha nd Basso are on the list, they will be kept from starting. I am packing my bags and heading to Strasbourg in the hopes that a team will pick me up!!!

Philippe

· Administrator
13,152 Posts
philippec said:
From cyclingnews.com:

<i>Several sources indicate that the official information on the 58 (or 56) riders implicated in the scandal will be available by Friday, June 30, at 9.30am European time, when the Spanish judge will release the investigation documents, already believed to have been handed out to the Spanish minister for Sport, Jaime Lissavetzky. Of those named, a total of 22 cyclists are rumoured to be on the Tour de France start list. "Those riders named in the dossier will not be allowed to start," said Patrick Lefévère, president of the professional team's association AIGCP and manager of team Quick.Step.</i>

It's not just ASO tilting at windmills anymore -- looks like the AIGPC is taking a stand... how about the UCI?? If Ulricha nd Basso are on the list, they will be kept from starting. I am packing my bags and heading to Strasbourg in the hopes that a team will pick me up!!!

Philippe

Count me in- I am in good form and at racing weight (unlike the Kaiser at times). Will ride for anyone but the Wurth team. That uniform would not look good on me (or anyone else either). Rather fancy riding for any team with a bus. No promises on the time cuts in the Alps though. . .

:smilewinkgrin:

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
all I know is

there is a certain retired bicycle racer who must be very amused with all of this.
Hey if they need Roulers drop me a PM!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.