Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plus side of the Livermore / Mt. Diablo stage being on Saturday is I won't have to deal with my inflexible office management... minus side is it might be a zoo...

Does anybody know if there will be enough room to enjoy the event on Mt. Diablo? Will there be some stuff going on at the Ranger Station, I heard there was last year?

Also they haven't posted a stage log for this year like they usually do, anybody know if they do it late or if they might be skipping it this year? Handy little document to plan race viewing if you ask me.

Anyway, for anybody who missed it, the Bay Area stages are Friday 05/17 (San Jose time trial) and Saturday 05/18...

----------------------
Saturday, May 18
Stage 7
START: Livermore – 11:35am
Distance: 91.4 mi / 147.1 km
Sprints: Livermore
Koms: Morgan Territory, Patterson Pass, Mt. Diablo Summit (finish)
Finish: Mt. Diablo
Estimated Finish Time: 3:48pm
Lifestyle Festival Hours: 10:00am – 4:30pm (located at START)

Stage 7 | Amgen Tour of California

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It was rather well organized.
They had a bike valet at 2km from summit and everyone had to walk up, and back down after the event.

This way people can't hop on their bikes right at the top and leave right away as soon as the first few pros cross the line. I thought it was going to be a handlebar touching descent with 1000s of other bicycles but it was only a little more bikes and cars than a normal saturday.

The only thing annoying is the last ramp 200m lined up with people who tried to walk up continuously then walk back down because they needed a VIP pass or something like that, I wish they would tell you that so people won't trek up and down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.