1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
How 'closed' will the TT course be?

I'm hoping to catch some of the TT. Does anybody know if the course will be open before the race so I can ride to my vista points? I'm interested in watching them crest Bailey Rd. or the top of the hill just past Cinnibar Hills Golf Course on McKean Rd.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Its pretty dam funny to see the projected times on ride segments that you actually do. I ride a bunch of the stuff they'll hit on the 21st, and knowing what my times look like its scary to even consider how quick these guys will be moving.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Who's going to watch the race? Where are you going to watch from? Apparently, there are going to be lots of road closures, so getting to remote parts of the route may be complicated.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
got an email about traffic control...

An update on stage 2 road closures...looks like no problem for bikes

Some of you were asking about road closures. Here's
what the Assistant Technical Director of the TofC
wrote about the subject. Apparently Sierra Road will
have additional restrictions beyond the standard rule
listed below.

To: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:25:43 -0800
Subject: [NCNCA] Amgen Tour of California and Sierra
Road

A number of people have asked about the Sierra Road
closure for Stage 2 of the ATOC. We will close the
road at 9:00 am for traffic. Bicycles and foot traffic
will be allowed. Sorry for the confusion.

If you are traveling the same direction of the race,
you can do so until about the race is 15 minutes
behind you. Opposing traffic will be stopped
an hour before the race gets to any given point and
diverted off the road. Crossing the course at an
intersection will be allowed until about 10-15
minutes before the riders come through.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Alhambra Valley Rd (Pig Farm)

francois said:
are here:

http://www.scnca.org/2006calendar.htm

More important, what are your spectating plans? When and where are you going to watch?

francois

Feb 19-26
Our club is looking forward to seeing the Tour climb "Pig Farm (Alhambra Valley Rd)" on Tuesday at 11:15. We'll be camping out on the top of "Pig Farm." The Tour will then make a left onto Bear Creek Rd and do the "Three Bears."
Bill

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My calculation is the riders will be at the top of Sierra Road after 2:30pm. They have to average 24 mph to get up there by 2:22. I actually think they will be at the top at 3pm. This course is very hilly and I think they'll average around 20 mph.

Anyway, I'll be at the bottom of Sierra road at around 1pm. I'll then ride up Sierra road with a couple of friends.

francois

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
the schedule says...

oldskoolboarder said:
Anyone know when the peloton will hit 237 and then on to San Jose? Try to see if I can make it at all this afternoon...
They will be at Sierra and Piedmont between 1:45 and 2:13, depending on the pace. I'd subtract 5 minutes for them to be at Calavaras and Piedmont. You better get going now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.