Greg Henderson (NZL), First Place, Stage 3
Sky Procycling

On winning today
"It was a long day today because we had strong headwinds. I want to give a big thanks to the guys who rode out in front and took the breakaway because they were able to block the wind for us. The last 10 kilometers was very chaotic with everyone fighting for the front and multiple changes in direction. I can't thank my team enough. Jeremy Hunt got me to the final corner and I went with 500 meters to go. I wasn't getting any slower and I was at 200 meters, and Ben Swift didn't catch up and I only had about five or six pedals to go. It was a surprise to me to win because you don't typically sprint from 500 meters out. Winning today shows that I am in great condition and I was very lucky to hold everyone at the line."

On Sky Procycling's ambition
"We came here with a super strong team. Unfortunately, Michael Rogers couldn't come to defend his overall title due to his illness. Our goal is to cover as many stage wins as possible, especially with two world-class sprinters. To beat guys like Levi (Leipheimer), you have to start in front of them and have really high speeds to deliver the winner, and that is what we have shown here the last two days. We can relax a little bit now and tomorrow we head into the mountains. Obviously Team RadioShack, HTC-Highroad and Team Garmin-Cervelo have some pretty big ambitions. We have a young fellow, Chris Froome, who can climb very well. He's our contender for top spot in the GC, so I would start looking for him tomorrow."

On track racing versus road racing
"I can't choose between track and road cycling because they are two different sports. With road cycling you have to be fit enough to ride for six hours. I like them both equally. Unfortunately, my event no longer exists in the Olympics, so that made it an easy decision to switch to road cycling full time."

On what he brings to his team
"Gaining respect in the European peloton was a big goal for me last year. I had six wins with Sky Procycling last year and being consistent is my biggest attribute to the team."

Thor Hushovd (NOR), Third Place, Stage 3
Team Garmin-Cervelo

"I had great help from the team all day and was always well placed. Johan (Van Summeren) brought me up a few times and the whole team made sure I was protected. The last few kilometers were chaotic with a lot of crashes. I hope everyone is okay. I was in perfect position in the last corner, but the group split and I couldn't bridge the gap. I thought I had a good chance to win today (he won here in 2009), but I'm happy with third. The team rode great and we're looking forward to some more exciting stages."

Jan Barta (CZE), Amgen Breakaway from Cancer Most Courageous Rider Jersey Winner
Team NetApp

On today's conditions
"The wind took all my strength today. It wasn't the rain that was difficult because it wasn't that cold. It was the headwind that was by far the toughest thing we faced today. At the end, everybody was tired because it was a long stage and we didn't have enough strength left."

On winning two sprints today
"I won the first two sprints today and decided not to go for the third one. I decided it was more important to go for the attack at the sprint line because that was the best time to do it."

Sandra Schmitz, Team NetApp Spokesperson
On today's injuries
"Jesus Del Nero Montes slipped on the yellow center line today. He fell on his head and got back on his bike to race. At this time, we are still figuring out the extent of his injuries. The second crash, with Andrew Schillinger, looks pretty bad and he has a lot of bruising. Since we have been in the breakaway yesterday and today, we used a lot of strength, so we have to see how we feel after today."
On NetApp's goals

"We are a young team, so our goal is to be aggressive and defensive and that was our technique right from the beginning. Also, it is important for us to do well and be on television because this is our only time to show ourselves and our sponsor, NetApp, which is based here in Sunnyville (Calif.). We are very excited that we were invited to race in the Amgen Tour of California this year."

Dr. Ramin Modabber, Chief Medical Doctor, Amgen Tour of California
Following is a list of injuries from Stage 3. All riders were able to get back on their bikes and finish this stage.
• Jens Voigt (Leopard Trek) - left shoulder contusion
• William Dugan (Team Type 1 sanofi) - minor head injuries
• Jesus Del Nero Montes (Team NetApp) - minor head injuries
• Michael Matthews (Rabobank) - shoulder and leg abrasions
• Andrew Schillinger (Team NetApp) - leg abrasions