Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Koppenburg is muddy on the recon rides. People may be walking.

thx for posting

·
Registered
865 Posts
Nothing better than seeing a great rider win with class. Congratulations, well deserved. The Sagan era is upon us, no question about it. Chapeau to Cancellara and VanMarcke, both showed immense effort, and Vanmarcke not contesting the sprint.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Yes it was classy of Vanmarcke, but Cancellara did almost all the work.
Amazing Sagan could ride away from the two of them.
He is really working on his aero tuck, once again he spent a lot of time in Obree's superman position.

Also noted it looked like a LOT less motorcycles!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Cancellara poo-pooing VanMarcke at the end...classless.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Fantastic win. I loved the TT away from the group and the chase. Too bad Van Marcke was out of gas or they might have made more of a fight of it. Great win by a great racer in the end though. His critics have officially been silenced I presume.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Fantastic win. I loved the TT away from the group and the chase. Too bad Van Marcke was out of gas or they might have made more of a fight of it. Great win by a greaat racer in the end though. His critics have officially been silenced I presume.
so what have you heard from tinkoff's twitter feed? :blush2:

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Sagan made smart moves dropping top rivals and adding tome @ all key moments
Then got to ride solo with 2 chasing. Heckuva ride for Spartacus but he couldn't close that gap. Nice that Van Marcke having been along mostly for the ride didn't contest the sprint. I don't know if Fabian was poo pooing, thanking or just checking

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love his comment post race, "Nobody want's to work with me, it's a always better to drop everybody..."

One of the most impressive wins I've seen

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
he looked behind and waved his hand. Didn't look like a pooh pooh to me
At the finish? Cancellara was waving to the crowds, he is very popular in Flanders and this was his last go at the Tour of Flanders.

Earlier he was waving for Sep vanWheelsucker to come through. To no avail.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
At the finish? Cancellara was waving to the crowds, he is very popular in Flanders and this was his last go at the Tour of Flanders.

He was waving at Sep for being classy enough to not sprint him for second as it was his last Ronde. Sep did what work he could after being in a break earlier and cranking when Sagan punched it up the Paterburg. As far as wheelsucking that a pretty shallow read of what was happening there Sep was pulling through when he could.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Cancellara, whom I love, has always been the one to try and peer pressure guys to come through. If you were trying to win a race, would you come through knowing Sparticus will probably use you until your done and then ride away to the win?

·
off the back
15,579 Posts
Cancellara, whom I love, has always been the one to try and peer pressure guys to come through. If you were trying to win a race, would you come through knowing Sparticus will probably use you until your done and then ride away to the win?
He was doing it a lot to Sagan in last week's G-W.

·
Registered
865 Posts
By his own admission, Sep was the weakest of the three men in G-W that were pulling to the finish line. The fact is both sep and fabu had good motivation to form an alliance; sep didn't have much to offer however as the gap increased every time he took a pull.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts