Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
The coverage is going to 30 mins long. With all of the commericals and all of the other in-program garbage, I wonder how much cycling coverage they are actually going to show. I also wonder who is going to be commentating. I hope its not the idiot that did the Philly coverage.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its awesome that they could get AE to sponsor the U25 tour. Everything about the event last night was just "right" somehow. I hope this tour grows in prominence and becomes an international "staple" espoires race.

·
Hup, Hup
392 Posts
I just finished watching and I thought it was actually pretty good coverage. Lots of good stuff to show the finish of the crit...very cool.

·
Registered
678 Posts
parity said:
The coverage is going to 30 mins long. With all of the commericals and all of the other in-program garbage, I wonder how much cycling coverage they are actually going to show. I also wonder who is going to be commentating. I hope its not the idiot that did the Philly coverage.
Commentating is harder than it looks but I have to agree...the guy and women who did the Philly race were mediocre at best. Either it was them or they were flying blind with very little production support before and during the race. It was not good.

·
Registered
434 Posts
hawker12 said:
Commentating is harder than it looks but I have to agree...the guy and women who did the Philly race were mediocre at best. Either it was them or they were flying blind with very little production support before and during the race. It was not good.
While I agree commentating is hard, I think it could have been better by simply not shouting. The guy would always been shouting because (I am guessing) he thinks it makes it more exciting if he yells. Secondly anytime the woman would say anything he'd immediately start yelling over her and say the same thing. I found the whole thing kind of annoying and distracting from the race.

·
On the wrong floor again
1,138 Posts
They should make it at least an hour. Do we really need to have all that WEC Cage crap on? Give me a break.

Tim

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
AE headquarters are located in Cranberry Twp. PA

A suburb of Pittsburgh to the north, hence the the tie in for sponsorship, young peoples clothing etc and the race ending in the 'burgh. Years ago they had the Thrift Drug Classic. a race triple crown type race where the winner of all 3 races got $1M? or something like that? Think Motorola, think Lance Armstrong. That was the first time I saw him race.

·
Registered
372 Posts
AE's corporate location is in the South Side in Pittsburgh. I live in Cranberry Twp and I know they have a distribution center here. Anyone planning on going to the finish on Saturday or the crit race on Sunday? I think I will be there for both.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
So what does everyone think of those "take back the tour" ads? Cute, having the camera run backwards as Floyd dons the yellow jersey..etc. Should please a few potential advertisers..Too bad the organizers cut off their own noses by excluding the best team for something "they" (different riders, different Director) did in the past. Ah..the French, so proud!
Don Hanson

·
your text here
13,203 Posts
i like them

but i loved it when my wife asked, "did they really have a ceremony when they took landis' jersey back?"

Gnarly 928 said:
So what does everyone think of those "take back the tour" ads? Cute, having the camera run backwards as Floyd dons the yellow jersey..etc. Should please a few potential advertisers..Too bad the organizers cut off their own noses by excluding the best team for something "they" (different riders, different Director) did in the past. Ah..the French, so proud!
Don Hanson

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why are there no bonus seconds in the T of Penn? The leader got 3 seconds in the prologue and the second place guy has won a stage and most of the sprint stuff but has not moved up in time. Seems strange not to use bonus seconds when things come down to fairly large sprints on the stages.

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
It seems bonus seconds are falling out of favor with promoters lately. Dunno why, except that it makes for a more "pure" stage race. Whatever that means. I like 'em, gives the non-TT guys and secondary teams a chance to win.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.